Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, July 23, 2010

Yeah! Oooooo, yeah!

Sixteen years ago today the most wonderful man in the world married me in our back yard. The 21 years I have known him have been the happiest years of my life. He has decided that it is his job to make me happy, and he is extremely good at his job!!



So today he took the wole day off and we have been out, celebrating out butts off! First a quick weigh in at Weight Watchers. I held steady. Then breakfast at Sully's. I had the hangtown fry. YUM!! Then a quick stop at the wonderful new yarn store with all the Lorna's Laces that I found yesterday. I didn't get the name right yesterday. It is Angelika's Yarn Store at 1975 SW first AV, Suite L - right near the Lovejoy fountain. http://www.yarn-store.com/ I won't be making it to the Flock and Fiber Fest after all this year, so what's the point of saving money when the Swirls is on sale? I bought Tickled Pink in DK weight for $6 a skein. (Happy dances, happy dances) and two skeins of Baby Alpaca Chunky in Plum because DH says I need a pair of really warm house socks.



Then we drove up to Northwest Portland and found the new Lush store. I needed another bottle of Dadd-o shampoo which is purple colored and gives my silver curls and added luster. And on the way back to the car we passed a hat shop where Dh talked me into buying a darling new hat. Quite 1920s chic and fair game for any ammount of dressing up! From there, we were off to Powell's City of Books - cook book and two local hiking guides for him, and a couple of Robert Aspirin's Myth books for me. "Have you ever checked to see if they have any of your books?" he asked. It had never occourred to me to look. I'm on the shelf at Powell's!! Sanna, Sorceress Apprentice is being sold as a used book there. I was very excited, and a young woman in the same aisle looked interested so DH gave her a card with the other books listed on it. She was looking over Sanna as we walked away. Squeeeee!!



After that, we went to Kenny and Zuke's Deli where I had a grilled cheese sandwich because they are pretty high point, but there are no points on your anniversary. Did you know that? Kyle told me, so it must be so.



Now we are resting up, and tonight we are going out for dinner with friends. And there are STILL two more days left in the weekend. Is life great or what?

11 Comments:

  • At 3:54 PM , Blogger Janette said...

    Oh HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you both!

    What a great day. Enjoy your evening out with friends too. xx

     
  • At 7:40 PM , Blogger Rose Red said...

    Happy Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had a lovely day! Hope there are many more ahead of you both.

     
  • At 10:28 PM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    Congrats on the anniversary! Nowadays, sixteen years is quite an accomplishment. Good on you both for making it! ToolMan and I will be 23 years in October, so you've a ways to catch up to us. I think we did well Roxie, to wait until we were older to marry our men; we got the last two good ones left!

     
  • At 8:02 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    Happy anniversary! Sounds like you enjoyed a grand outing around Portland. Hope you get to do something wonderful this weekend.

     
  • At 2:05 PM , Anonymous tlbwest said...

    I remember it well. Especially the buttercream melting in the sun...
    Roxie's DH asked me to make the cake. I was rather abashed, but K. sweetly said if he had wanted a bakery cake he would have bought one. It was a good cake - Almond Sour Cream from The Cake Bible, with raspberry filling and kirsch Italian buttercream, basket-weave frosting and fresh flowers. But it was in the 90s that day!
    Happy Anniversary dear friends.
    We hit 41 this year. We didn't do anything - it's a tradition; we never do.

     
  • At 5:26 PM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Happy Anniversary! And it sounds like you did have a happy one! Here's to many, many more of the same.

     
  • At 8:36 PM , Blogger Julie said...

    Aww, this is So sweet and inspiring!! Happy anniversary.

     
  • At 9:18 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    A very happy anniversary to you and your hubby!

     
  • At 11:13 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Happy Anniversary! What a lovely day the two of you had. Here's to 16 more :-)

     
  • At 6:46 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Happy happy Anniversary. Time flies so quickly when you're having fun and you and Kyle sound like you are having fun.

    Purple house socks sound like just the thing for your weather there.

     
  • At 9:41 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Awww... Happy Anniversary, darling! And you're right-- he's the most awesome guy in the world! (Well, my guy is, but on your anniversary, you win everything, as well as there being no points!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home