Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

slightly soggy

Our little dogwood tree is thriving.
DH bought it for me years ago when it was about three feet tall. It makes me so happy to live here long enough to watch it grow.
Still working on tea-cozies. Right now, half-way through a reversible green and white, and rust and green construct. Being double layer of stranded wool, it's gonna keep it hot till you drain the pot. I may enter this one in the county fair. Next, a rust-colored cable knit cozy. I'mbeginning to visualize a series of cozies displaying different kniting techniques. Intarsia, tucks, maybe even I-cord. No entrelac. I don't like entrelac. I have more ideas than fingers to knit them with.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:14 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    I planted a tangerine tree when we moved here, hoping I'll still be in this place long enough to reap some of the fruit.

    I love that tea cozy! Any chance you'd share the pattern? Oh and about the fiber. Hmmmm, I might be interested-- for felted bags (if it will felt) for people who are always telling me they love mine.

     
  • At 9:09 AM , Anonymous tlbwest said...

    Glad you agree about entrelac. I just don't see the point. It seems to me un-knitterly and unnecessarily awkward, and all for a result that strikes me as ugly. Sorry, any entrelac fans out there.
    What about a cozy done in tvaendstuck (however it's spelled -the Scandinavian stranded monochrome technique, usually all white.) That could be lovely.

     
  • At 1:52 PM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Pretty dogwood!!

    How about those diagonal squares? It's make a great, jestery looking one!

     
  • At 6:55 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    About the rose: it's mine. I know it's an old English heritage rose. It's fragrant. Other than that, I'm ignorant at this point. I put it in the ground in April.

     
  • At 10:19 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Now see, my writing would be so much betterif I knew the names of trees... purty trees... and I can't wait to see your cozies!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home