Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Good lord I'm dull!

I spent the entire day alone in the house listening to recorded podcasts of "Wait! Wait! Don't Tell Me!" and spinning.
I spun up some moss-green merino and some misty gray mohair.

Then I pulled out a treasure from a couple years ago when Fantasy Fibers sold out of Mystery Batts before I even got there, so i had to spend the money on something else. I got grey and rose merino and tussah silk. Oh, I want to rub this on my body and wallow naked in it, but that would be rather unhygenic and render the fiber unsuitable for spinning. So I spun.

It's enough for a tank top I bet, and will be soft enough for underwear. (There are days at work when they turn up the AC to the point that I'm sure they're trying to keep the vegetables fresh.)


Meanwhile, Fly happily tucked himself into my tote and supervised my spinning and listening
untill he got bored and let himself out of the bag.
I am so dull, I can bore a cat. How do you like THEM mouse fritters? (cats don't eat apples.)
This has been a typical spring day. Sunshine, clouds, rain, hail, more sunshine, clouds again, wind gusts, falling branches, more rain, sunshine, and fluctuating temperatures. Oh, and snow in the passes. Who could ask for anything more?



7 Comments:

  • At 6:48 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    You gotta know that doesn't look dull at all to me! It looks purr-fect.

     
  • At 6:56 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    I love Wait! Wait! Don't Tell Me!

    Nice spinning. The mystery fiber looks like Ashland Bay's merino/silk blend. And yes, that would be wallowable for sure!

     
  • At 1:58 PM , Anonymous LindaG said...

    NOT dull at all. Inspiring, intellectually stimulating (the radio show) and sense-delighting (the yarn). You rock.

     
  • At 6:19 PM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    So the produce is at your work? My office is so cold I think they must be hanging sides of beef in there at night! Been thinking about knitting myself some of EZ's longies in knee length to wear under my skirts!

     
  • At 4:45 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    Both the colours and the kitty photos are gorgeous!

    Moss green and misty grey, two of my favourite colours.

    You are not dull and certainly not boring!

    I so love visiting your blog every day to see what you've been up to.

    Pleased to read the weather is improving. xx

     
  • At 5:57 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    "A/C is cold enough to keep the vegetables fresh"-- really, Roxie, is that any way to talk about your students? (yuk yuk yuk... can you tell it's the end of the year?)

    I bore my cats all the time... I think you get bored when you're the master of the universe. (Love that he 'let himself out of the bag')

     
  • At 3:11 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    My favorite radio show! It makes me laugh out loud (and that's never a bad thing). I haven't done much spinning because I've obsessed about finishing the edging of the evenstar. Halfway there.....

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home