Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, May 22, 2010

sooo quick and easy

These tea cozies work up fast - and I figured how to make the top miter the way I wanted it. I would put this one in the county fair except for the fact that I can't count up to 120, so one side of the square is shorter. And there is no wonky cozy category. (heh heh - how's that for a new name for the Peter Heater?)

I have pounds of this wool that a friend gave me. She got it in Africa from the native women who raised sheep, had the wool spun at a co-op mill, then dyed it with vegetable dyes and sold it to the tourists. It's rough and hairy, too scratchy to wear next to the skin, and DH really hates the colors. Anyone want to share the bounty? It makes a great tea- cozy.

6 Comments:

  • At 3:12 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Will it felt? you could make felted oven mitts or trivets. I've never made a tea cozy but I figure I have plenty of time till next winter....

     
  • At 12:55 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    tempting, but I'm trying to reduce the stash right now :)

    Podcasts of This American Life are my favorite to work to. That show is amazing.

     
  • At 10:14 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Maybe you could make some pussy boots (for the kitties!) or some other feline frocks!

     
  • At 5:38 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    OKay-- I was going to ask if it would felt but Donna Lee jumped right on it! Like Lyssa, I'm trying to reduce stash right now... so really, I don't have anything original to add... but thins are looking purty cozy over there:-)

     
  • At 7:02 PM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    I got a box of "exploded clown" from someone on Rav last year and am STILL working my way through it. I combed the soft stuff to keep for myself; I may be dumb but I'm not stoopit. ;) Spun the rough stuff worsted and made felted bags ala the Mason Dixon Buttonhole Bag. They knit up fast, use a LOT of yarn, and make great Christmas presents.

     
  • At 6:08 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    Your tea cozies are so adorable... they could be the basis for a whole new clothing trend (not just for covering men's bits).

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home