Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, May 17, 2010

Iron Man 2 Rocks

We had a movie date. I had mentioned that IronMan2 looked like fun, and DH indulged me. And it WAS fun. This is live-action comic books, so I don't care that the bad guys are two dimensional and the romance is barely sketched in. Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) is cheeky, cocky, and the iconic American self-sacrificing hero. And I loved the teasers for the upcoming Nick Fury Movie . As the Marvel comics frequently do, the movie incorporated characters from other stories. And then, after the longest credits I have EVER seen ("Mr. Downey Junior's stand-in's hair and make-up artist" "Second crew camera B back-up operator") there was a quick clip for an upcoming Avengers of America movie. Oh yeah. I wanna see that too.

The movie was whizz-bang, with broad jokes (though I was often the only one laughing out loud. They may not have been broad enough.) and lots of bright, exciting special effects. But if you want escapist entertainment rather than a profound, life-changing, emotional journey, it's a wonderful summer movie!

5 Comments:

  • At 6:57 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Yes, I did like Iron Man 2. I was afaid it was going to be worse. Sequels usually are. Will say, Last Airbend looks interesting.

     
  • At 8:56 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

    It doesn't hurt that Robert Downey Jr. isn't bad to look at. :)

     
  • At 1:37 PM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Glad to hear it. Scott wants to see it really bad.

    Marvel does do movies better than DC does, that's for sure!

     
  • At 5:48 PM , Blogger Rose Red said...

    I loved Iron Man (much to my surprise) so am quite excited about IM2. Although I probably won't get to see it for a while.

     
  • At 5:20 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Me jealous. I ended up seeing Robin Hood instead...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home