Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, March 26, 2010

More notes from Oz

Since I'm still fighting the cold and not doing anything interesting, I'll share another adventure in Australia. On the way in to Canberra. Janette and Marc took us to a farmer's market held out at the race track. Remember, it's autumn in Australia.


They had beautiful baked good, of course.


And look at those red peppers next to the baby eggplants! Sooo pretty.



I've never seen cackleberries for sale at the local farmer's market


Nor do our local farmers sell sausage rolls or meat pies. These looked so yummy! but I wanted to save my appetite for dinner with Jejune and her family.



I bought leatherbark honey and have enjoyed it vastly. It goes well with hot water a bit of lemon to sooth the throat.

You know, I don't think this is all one cold. I think one big virus knocked me down, and then a bunch of opportunistic little viruses jumped me before I could get my feet back under me again. Well, it's gonna take more than some ragtag gang of rhino viruses to keep me down. Knitting is at my house in two weeks, and I gotta get up and attem!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:07 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    The mental image of rhino viruses trampling over you - ouch!

     
  • At 9:36 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I think you travelled while you were sick, and now your body is screaming, "Really? Australia while a virus was trying to kick your ass? REALLY?" But the pictures were wonderful!

     
  • At 12:01 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    I hope you feel better soon!

     
  • At 7:36 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    Durned rhinos! Hope you're better soon. Fabulous market shots.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home