Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, March 22, 2010

Random photo for style


I might have tried this look in my younger days, though I would probably paired the over-the-knee socks with high heels. The skirt is pretty interesting in and of itself, and could not be worn by anyone weighing more than 87 lbs. without looking like someone trying to pretend the fullness hides the fat, but not succeeding. This was a look I saw fairly frequently among the young and slim in Sydney. Also, opaque black tights, ballet flats, and a skirt kind of like a black ace bandage stretched across the bum. If hemlines are an indication of economy, then Sydney's is very high.


Every patch of greenery in Sydney, and there are lots of patches of greenery in Sydney, has a resident Ibis. Who will you be having lunch with today?

4 Comments:

  • At 8:02 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    We're seeing a lot of those skirts down here too. Yesterday a young lady who was still learning to walk in black spikes paired her too large heels with a very short black dress the hem of which was folded under and gathered in a rolled up look. It was ugly in the 60s. Still ugly.

     
  • At 1:51 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Cool! I would have zoomed in on the ibis!! He seems so tame and used to people!

     
  • At 10:06 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow. Do you get to name the ibis if you own that patch of green?

     
  • At 5:26 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    We are seeing those skirts,too. It's not nearly warm enough to show that much leg!(or is that just my old self talking?)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home