Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

knitting has occurred

On the flight to Australia, I knitted a pair of hunting gloves for a friend of DH. This is the charcoal alpaca and silk roving I bought and sent to Dave Daniels who then spun it and sent it back. To keep the gifting going, I made the gloves for I-Dad's 50th birthday present.



Then, using the remainder of the silk and alpacca, and some Mystery Batt yarn I had just spun up, I started a wrap while we traveled around, and flew back. The mystery batt is not going to go far enough, so I am adding in some white yarn to extend it. It should be a nice warm wrap at the very least, and I do love the mitered squares!

6 Comments:

  • At 10:46 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Mitered squares are so much fun! I love how leftovers of sock yarn look in them.

     
  • At 11:52 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Wow! Someone got some nice gloves and with the silk added, they will be warm and long lasting.

    I've played with mitered squares. It looks like I will be playing with them again.

     
  • At 9:24 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Ooh, those gloves look so warm and sturdy.

     
  • At 11:25 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Lovely gloves! But as far as I'm concerned anyone who makes a wrap or anything else big from mitered squares is a candidate for sainthood. (Or the asylum, I can never decide which.)

     
  • At 5:47 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Yes, I'm a mitered square fan too! Just love those things...

     
  • At 11:02 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    very nice! I'm so impressed by all that knitting, roxie-- well done!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home