Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

style notes

Sydney is a very cosmopolitan, very elegant and business-like city. The little black dress is showcased every where you look. Six years ago, it seemed to me that severe black and white was the uniform. This year, I noticed a lot of color accents. Many women were wearing a lovely red-coral color, though violet and sea-green made a good showing, too. But what really struck me was the wonderful use of accessories. Stylish, creative wraps, capes and scarves were much in evidence as were bold, dramatic bracelets and necklaces.

And the shoes! Oh my gosh, the shoes! Silky, tanned bear legs with beautiful metalic sandals, Peep-toe black pumps showcasing a coral-red pedicure to match the coral red scarf flung about the throat in a way that says, "I'm beautiful, and I don't even try."


Shoes like these.


and these


and these.


When I asked the young lady if I could take a photo of her shoes, she was flattered. Her boyfriend was all bristly and suspicious as if I was doing something kinky, but she knew she was wearing beautiful shoes!



Wish I had gotten the profile on these shoes. The sides of the 3 inch platforms are crimson! and the top is zebra stripe.

Sydney is also the only place I have seen women actually walking around in four inch high heels. They were all young, sleek, thin women, and they didn't have casual smiles on their faces nor did they have an easy swing to their stride, but damn did their legs look good!

Back to work today. High fashion on campus is getting your socks to match. Lots of sneakers and bedroom slippers. I can't remember the last time I saw someone wearing high-heels on campus. Sydney was a drastic change of pace.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:37 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    The last one had a third arm? Nice!!

     
  • At 2:19 PM , Blogger Rose Red said...

    Oh, now I really miss wearing my high heels!! (not that I used to wear them around the streets - flats to and from work, change at work into the heels!)

     
  • At 5:34 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I only wore 3 inch heels once, fell and sprained my ankle, and had to hobble with it wrapped in an unsighly ace bandage for a month! Never wore heels again!

     
  • At 8:32 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    You have to be young to wear this high spike heels. I'd probably fall over.... they are really cute though

     
  • At 11:01 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    They are adorable... and it seemed like Colorado had a lot of women like that... in those shoes...

     
  • At 1:07 AM , Anonymous Barb said...

    I really like those Greek/Spartan jobbies.

    I can even look at those shoes, though without thinking of how badly my feet would hurt if I wore them. Great pictures. I'm glad you're home. I guess this means you didn't buy any shoes while you were there?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home