Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, March 12, 2010

Lessee, the computer tells me it’s 5pm on March the 12th. Which means that in Australia, it’s lunchtime on Saturday the 13th.

Yesterday was such a treat for me! Janette took me to the yarn stores she frequents, (Marc drove. DH, that prince of a fellow, rode along and smiled.
Sheep in the wool shop

Then we drove to a charming restaurant / shop set in the middle of a park, where we met Rose Red and Grandma Flea for lunch. The poor boys sat at one end of the table and applied themselves to their excellent food, and we women chattered on as if we’d been neighbors for years. It was SO wonderful!! As you can see, Rose red is blooming!


After that, we stopped by a market and picked up some prawns and some meringues for pavlovas, then finished up the day at Janette’s daughter’s house. We met the three grandkids, who are enchanting little imps. The little girl is six and the twin boys are 4 and if you could tap off and bottle their energy, you could run the Western US for a week. Then “Daddy” came home and we had an Aussie barbecue. They put prawns on the barbie for me. (and steak. And sausages for the kids) It was deelicious!! I practically ate myself into a stupor.

Then the floor show started. The Kookuburras arrived. CJ and Jody just put in a glass fence to fence off their pool. the kookuburras like to swoop across the yard, and CJ is such a grand housekeeper that she even keeps her glass fence sparkling clean.


So the young birds, who just can't seem to figure this out, repeatedly swooped in and smacked into the glass fence. This guy sat on the ground for about twenty minutes, trying to make sense of it all.



**SIng**
Kookuburra sitting on the old swing set,
eating all the sausages the kids ain't et.
Laugh kookuburra, laugh kookuburra
You'll figure this out yet.

8 Comments:

  • At 9:32 PM , Blogger Rose Red said...

    Oh you got great photos of the kookaburras!! Poor things hitting the glass fence though! It was great to meet you!

     
  • At 9:40 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Kookuburra sits in the ol' gum tree,
    laughing loud at my friend Roxie,
    laugh kookuburra, laugh kookuburra,
    just you wait and see.

    Squirt gun armed sat my friend Roxie,
    spying kookuburra perched in the tree,
    squirt kookuburra, squirt kookuburra,
    now laughter from Roxie!!

    I just couldn't resist!!!!
    Glad you are enjoying the journey.

     
  • At 10:50 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    What an awesome song (and one I can never get out of my head when we're at the zoo)! And now I know what a kookuburra looks like-they always hide at our zoo!

     
  • At 6:22 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    RoseRed is indeed blooming. How wonderful that you're meeting all these friends.

    kookaburras are so cute! Not terribly bright, but cute!

     
  • At 4:12 PM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Now I have the kookaburra song stuck in my head!

     
  • At 5:35 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    The Kookuburras are adorable! Australia has awesome sausages. Are you going to want to come home?

     
  • At 4:19 PM , Anonymous Benita said...

    A glass fence?!? They must not have hail storms there.

     
  • At 12:51 AM , Anonymous Barb said...

    I'm curious. Next time we meet, you'll have to imitate the Kookaburra sound. Isn't it that jungle sound in the Tarzan movies?
    Thanks. Now I know what they look like.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home