Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Bucky writes

Mar,10, Sydney Australia Bucky Merino, roving Ramporter
Roxie is an adequate journalist in her own way, I suppose, but sadly narrow minded. So I am logging on to fill in some important points. On the journey from Canberra to Sydney, we pulled in to a town named Goldbourough (I think) which is the center for wool production in Australia. And did she even mention this? It might be the cold, I suppose,, that has left her so lax. In Goldbourough, they have a statue of the world’s biggest Merino. Is he not inspiring?










And then, when she told about her bridge trip, she nattered on about the nuisance of not being able to take her camera or even bobby pins, but she neglected entirely the whole issue of sheep exclusion! The
Bridge Climb company categorically refused to allow me to come along. And when I suggested to Roxie that she smuggle me under her clothes, she pointed out that the jumpsuits they are obliged to wear zip up the back. People must have tried to smuggle sheep on to the bridge before, and this proves their irrational prejudice against sheep on the bridge climb. Roxie suggested that it was to prevent men from whipping it out and whizzing over Sydney, but I’m sure it is specifically designed to prevent sheep from making the climb. So I had to sit in the locker for three hours while she and her dear husband frolicked in the sunshine. This sort of treatment is intolerable, and I intend to use my journalistic position to fight it! Sheep of Australia, unite! Arise and throw off the chains of oppression that prevent you from living a free and full life!

Miss Lulu didn’t want to climb the bridge so she and Bobby stayed in the room.

Today, we are all going to Featherdale Animal park. I wonder if THEY will exclude sheep?

11 Comments:

  • At 2:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You mean Goulburn right?

     
  • At 2:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2:59 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Roxie would say that about men whipping it out, now wouldn't she, Bucky? Thanks for giving us the facts.

     
  • At 4:55 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    You all seem to be having the most wonderful time. I'm sorry you have a head cold, and hope it's gone before you have to get on the plane home.

    Pk was admiring the 'sac' on the sheep. Great photo!

     
  • At 6:58 PM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    Leave it to you to get pics of the world's largest sheep balls! Somewehre we have a picture ToolMan took of me holding the ones on Babe the Blue Ox . . . . ;)

     
  • At 2:04 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    Yes Bells, Goulburn is where we were. It's all in the accent, meaning, that's probably how it sounded to Roxie with our Aussie accent!

     
  • At 6:24 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    That's a lot of wool!

     
  • At 6:28 AM , Anonymous Grandma Flea said...

    Hey, I've been to Goulburnmore times than I can count, but I've NEVER seen that view of the Ram - I always thought it was a SHE.

    Sounds like you're having a good time, Roxie. Looking forward to lunch with you :-)

     
  • At 5:05 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Ahem...I was more impressed by the front of the ram than the Ram Rear!!!! LOL
    Sounds like a good time for all!!

     
  • At 8:55 PM , Blogger Denise said...

    It's truly shocking, Bucky, how you were barred from the Bridge Climb ... probably just as well Lulu was left behind though, she would have cause havoc.

    Ah yes, the Big Merino at Goulburn ... he was moved fairly recently, no small undertaking, to get him from his original home in town (which is now bypassed by the highway), to his new locale. I bet he appreciates having a new view to gaze onto!

     
  • At 9:40 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Poor Bucky-- he's so hurt by the exclusion, but all I can do is look at that ginormous sheep. Damn!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home