Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

unplanned adventure

DH and I slept in, had a nice breakfast at a nearby cafe, then wandered through the city, relishing the views. We got quite lost in this charmingly refurbished old building full of boutiques.





.

We followed our noses through the Victoria Galleries and found a Lush Shop where I got a bubble bar, and Deb very obligingly posed with Bucky and Bobby. bobby can talk any girl into anything.


We rode the monorail over to the Powerhouse Museum where we met Marc and Janette and enjoyed the Wild Teacozies exhibit, toured a few other exhibits, then hiked off in search of lunch. the first place we stopped didn't appeal so we carried on right off to the Darling Harbor Mall where they had a food court to please anyone.

Janette said, "What would you like to do now?" I had been looking at the map and saw that the Chinese Garden was close so I requested that. OMG Janette and I had fun there! I mean, it's a stunning garden in it's own right, and I will be posting eye-candy shots from there for weeks,


but there was one lovely little pavillion where they had Imperial robes that you could rent for $10, then pose yourself for photos all over the garden.





10 Comments:

  • At 4:22 PM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    Yes, for sure, they saw you coming and posted that sign. Somehow, they knew you'd be a star. These are priceless. They remind me of my grand dad's pinup shots. You look fabulous!

     
  • At 8:41 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Woo woo! Look at the legs on that lady!!!! I would have had a ball posing on one of those gowns. I love the blue one you had!!!

     
  • At 8:52 PM , Anonymous LindaG said...

    Oh Roxie! GORGEOUS! You are sooo wondrous in that lovely, lovely outfit!

     
  • At 4:24 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    You look marvelous darling.

     
  • At 5:13 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Oh my god! How much fun it that? What a great idea to rent the robes. You could make yourself one of those photo calendars for the next few years with those photos! I love the headpieces.

     
  • At 5:23 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Cool! Those shots of you guys in the imperial robes are awesome - but that last shot is the best of the bunch. Confucious never had it so good!

     
  • At 10:51 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oh Roxie--you beautify Australia just by being there.

     
  • At 5:34 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    Dang, you're hot! If I had legs like yours I'd show them off constantly, rain or not.

    What amazing pictures of all of your adventures.

     
  • At 9:15 PM , Blogger Denise said...

    Love those photos in the Chinese Garden!!

    A Lush store has recently opened in Canberra, Dotter introduced me to it only a few weeks ago - divine stuff, isn't it! And I'm glad you got the the Queen Victoria Building and neighbours, lovely places all!

     
  • At 12:46 AM , Anonymous Barb said...

    Of course, you would rent the robes, but then only you would take it one step farther and do the geisha girl pin up.
    You're my hero.
    How spectacular

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home