Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, January 01, 2010

And the winners are. . .

Boy, you guys make it easy on me. Lisa, Amy and Em, tell me what you want for your prize. And Dave, I'm gonna knit you a willy warmer just because I wanna. Any color requests?

The new year slipped in with its usual ease. DH and I went to bed as usual, then when the neighbors started firing of their shotguns, and banging on pans and hoorahing, we rolled over, kissed one another, and said, "Happy new year." And fell back asleep. Woke up snuggled face to face with Pepper cat stretched out on her back in the hammock of blankets between us. Cat bliss!

No resolutions. No summation of the previous year. If a bus hit me right now I would die happy. Too lazy to figure out all the things I knitted last year. but here's the end of the knitting for 2009

Hat I knitted in the dark while watching Avatar.

Hat I knitted in the livingroom while watching Star Trek - the reboot


Hat i crochetted during GED testing and wore home when the snow fell.

Plans for next year? Oh, I think I'm gonna pretty much keep on keepin' on. We got groceries bought and put away, I baked a batch of chocolate chip cookies and took down all the Christmas decor before 2PM today. It should always be so easy! May it always be as easy for you! Blessings on 2010!

7 Comments:

  • At 7:35 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Aaahhh. I was still dreaming up my inner superhero (Pk wants to be Flatulance Man). The entries you got are wonderful. I'm still going to think of mine and I'll let you know. I'm pretty sure she's a girl and I know for a fact she'll wear pink. Other than that? Not sure yet.

    My Christmas finery will stay up until next weekend. I just can't make myself put the shiny stuff away yet.

    Happiest of Happy New Years to you.

     
  • At 7:38 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Sorry I didn't make it to post a super hero woman. (I did have an idea) I was being super mom to Mary who got sick (maybe salmonella) while she and Tim are visiting.

     
  • At 10:51 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I love the hat collection-- that's pretty much when I do my best hats too!

    Hmmm... I'm torn between the itunes certificate (because you knows I loves my music!) and a knit silk scarf... lets wait and see what everyone else chooses, and I'll take what's left over, because it's all awesome to me!

    (And we stayed up and watched a Thin Man marathon... the teenagers too. We're as exciting as you are!)

     
  • At 9:04 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    I don't suppose having you come over and take down my Christmas decorations is one of the prizes, since you're so quick at it? No, I didn't think so. :) Maybe I'll do like Donna. I hate to lose the shiny, too.

    I don't have an Ipod and I've got more scarves and hats than I know what to do with, so I wouldn't mind the chocolate, but as Amy said, they're all great prizes, and if someone else would rather have the chocolate, that's cool, too.

    The colors on that first hat are gorgeous!

     
  • At 9:42 PM , Blogger The Fibers of Life said...

    Great hats and do make one while watching Avatar is pretty amazing. I was so engaged watching it in 3D that I don't think I could have done much else. You did good and I LOVE the dragon.

     
  • At 4:09 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Lovely hats. They all almost match Daphe. Are you sure she didn't knit them?

     
  • At 8:12 AM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    Happy New Year to you!
    No resolutions for me, either. It puts on too much pressure.
    And your Avatar hat is fun! Those are nice colors, too, for a William Warmer.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home