Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

for my friends in Oz

When I got to work today I found a bit of magic.

The college is about a thousand feet higher than our home. They had freezing fog.


I got in at 7 AM while it was still as dark as the inside of a cow, but the trees showed quite nicely in the parking lot lights.


I had every confidence that the weather would warm up and be dry all day. But no, it got colder. And it began to snow.


But I had faith in the folks who run our campus, and I felt sure they would send us home if it got ugly. when I got out on my final test session for the day, I looked outside to see two inches of snow, with more falling fast. It was UGLY! Why hadn't anyone sent us home? Oh. Duh! All the people who make these decisions already WERE home! Only us powerless peons have to work between Christmas and New Year.


It took me two hours to get home. A drive that can be accomplished in twenty minutes took two white-knuckled hours. I definitely channeled my inner superhero.

11 Comments:

  • At 7:51 PM , Anonymous LindaG said...

    HURRAY for Roxie, superwoman snow-forager!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you made it home safe!

     
  • At 8:20 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Super Hero Roxie Arrives Safely! I saw those headlines on Google this evening! So glad you made it home.

     
  • At 1:00 AM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I know the feeling! It took me 5 hours and I finally arrived home sans my van!!! Read my blog to find out why!!!!

     
  • At 1:03 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    Thank you for the beautiful pictures Roxie. So sorry you had a white-knuckled drive home :(

    Will be worth it soon ... ;) xx

     
  • At 1:56 AM , Blogger Rose Red said...

    Lovely fairy forest! Shame about the drive home, glad you made it eventually.

     
  • At 5:13 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    I love frost covered trees. They're almost as pretty as fall colors. White knuckles? I was driving on a sheet of ice this morning with some idiot tailgating me.

     
  • At 5:19 AM , Anonymous Benita said...

    Pretty lacy branches. Sorry about your drive home. I'm just glad you made it.

     
  • At 8:23 AM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    You poor girl! I know how much you hate driving in snow.

    Bob got stuck in it, too. It took him 3 hours to get home from 12th and Powell.

     
  • At 3:54 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    The trees are beautiful but the drive sounds scary. Glad you made it home safely.

     
  • At 5:22 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    See, I'd be terrified (as were you) but you took these breathtaking pictures too... beauty and danger-- a favorite combo!

     
  • At 7:02 PM , Blogger Alwen said...

    I have a mantra especially for that kind of driving.

    It goes: "I am NOT going in the ditch, I am not going in the ditch!"

    So far it has worked!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home