Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Hawaiian holiday decorations

We spent a lovely lazy day yesterday. We lounged, took naps, checked the e-mail. Our biggest excitement was going out for walks. Mr. Checkerman robot would dance for a quarter. He was quite good. I want to go back and stick a fiver in his jar. He was worth it.

And we admired the Hawaiian take on Christmas. Wreaths with shells.


With orchids


With Bird of Paradise


And a Christmas tree decorated with giant fabric plumeria. Yah know, I could make a wreath for our front door . . .


We went to dinner at the Hula Grill,right on the beach, and we watched the sun set in a terribly romantic way.
I was willing to hold hands and gaze moonily across the table at DH, but the food was good and DH was hungry after all that walking, and evidently he wasn't in a mooncalf-ish mood. Instead we feasted and laughed and planned more photos for tomorrow. Anyhow, gazing dreamily into one another's eyes gets boring after a while. It was just that seductive tropical sunset that got to me.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:04 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    What a perfect vacation day. Gazing into a beloved's eyes is hard when there's food on the table.......

     
  • At 12:57 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    I'm so green right now. Did you know it's only slight above freezing here?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home