Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

thankfulness two

I am thankful that I can sleep through the night without gunfights breaking out in the neighborhood or bombs going off. We don't even have children to tend. We can go to bed with every expectation of 8 hours of peace. The river will not rise so high that it floods us out. Hurricanes and tornadoes do not visit here. Nature and mankind will not disturb our sleep. I am so profoundly thankful! I LOVE to sleep! Napping, dozing and snoozing are also high on my rave faves list. There's so much to be said for a good brisk nap. Power lounging is quite enjoyable, too. I am ever so thankful that I frequently get to be lazy!!

When I have a bad day I comfort myself with the thoughts that at least no one is shooting at me, and I'm not pregnant. The thought of being pregnant at age 59 is so appalling that everything else in life looks rosy by comparison.

I am thankful for knitting and for other knitters. Knitters are fabulous people! How would I have gotten to know all of you if I didn't know how to knit?

I didn't get organized enough to take my knitting to work yesterday. Over the course of the day I nervously tore two fingernails down to the quick and picked at a cuticle till it bled. I MUST have something to do with my hands! I am SO thankful for knitting. It soothes me, gives me a sense of identity (I knit; therefore I am a knitter.)and at the end of a fidgety day, I have created several inches of useful, beautiful fabric.

Surely there are cranky, unpleasant, selfish, uptight knitters. I'm thankful that I don't know them.

I am thankful that I have a life where, if you welcome people with cheer and respect, many of them respond accordingly. I'm not a street person with every man's hand against me. I am not a criminal, mistrusting everyone I know because I know that I can not be trusted. There, but for the grace of God, go I. I am thankful to be who I am, where I am, when I am.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:51 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    I too am thankful for other knitters! And spinners.

     
  • At 4:51 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    So, get organized and get some knitting into a bag! You can't be all glamorous and beautiful in Hawaii with bleeding fingers.

    I am thankful for knitting for so many reasons but mostly because it brought friends like you into my life!

     
  • At 5:39 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    And I am thankful that the first person I really met on the internet was Roxie, who has spoiled me for all other e-buddies since. You really do have an amazing view of life, darling.

     
  • At 10:35 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    You say it so poetically. I am thankful for all my dear friends of Chrysalis, and how much they have touched my life through the years. They supported me through my growth as a writer and a woman.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home