Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Now what?

I committed to Blogtoberfest - even got the button. And then, somehow, I just didn't get it done yesterday. Now what happens? Do they send large surly men to break my fingers? Will I have my epalets ripped off and my needles broken and be forbidden ever to knit again? Does everyone have to say harsh and hurtful things to punish me appropriately? Or can I just say that in an alternat universe I got the post in and it was wonderful? Should I post twice today to make up for it? How does this work?

We had a GED examiner's training day yesterday, with folks from all over the region. Gee it was fun to get together with people and talk shop. The economic downturn has brought about a 66% increase in GED candidates. No wonder we have seemed to be awfully busy.

I got home and worked on the last minute stuff for today's knitting teaparty. Pictures to follow. This morning, I still have to slice the bagettes and spread them with pate' , slice the brown bread and butter it, spread the yogurt cheese on the gingerbread, and make the apple compote. (So the house will smell of apples and cinnamon when people arrive.)

And it's hunting season. did I tell you guys about the first time my mom went hunting?

8 Comments:

  • At 8:15 AM , Anonymous LindaG said...

    I hereby pronounce, decree and RULE that if you post pretty pix of the party (promptly and pertly, of course), you will be in alignment with the deep spirit and mission of Blogtoberfest. 'Cuz somewhere in the Pacific on a little island, it was yesterday when you posted this. Or somebody somewhere thought it was yesterday. Or was wishing really hard it was. Or the thing they shot at the moon didn't kick up dust because it really struck a Universal Time Adjuster Thingy and it's STILL yesterday.

    Anyway, you were doing your GED thing, WORK THAT HELPS PEOPLE, for guhness sake!!! That there goon committee has no bizness buttin' in on you.

    P.S. Tell us your mom's hunting story!

     
  • At 8:53 AM , Anonymous tlbwest said...

    Since I have to miss knitting, I want pictures and stories - but I want to hear about your mom, too!
    A second post today and all is forgiven.

    Free concert at Ss. P&P Episcopal
    (SE 82nd between Stark and Burnside), tonight at 7 PM. We do have some gifted musicians in the extended community.
    Refreshments by yours truly - anyone reading this in the metro area, please consider yourself personally invited.

     
  • At 12:57 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    You leave us hanging like that with a hint at an interesting hunting story!!??? Shame on you! In order to appease bloggerfest gods you must tell it today!!!

     
  • At 2:15 PM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Don't worry, I flaked two days in a row! While the goon squad is busy with me, you can busily post and they'll probably never notice!

     
  • At 2:40 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    (Okay, those big surly men have been after my ass for YEARS... I just tell them I'm Paris Hilton... works every time...)

    I do seem to remember the first time your mom went hunting... but I'd hear it again if I got a shot at the teaparty...

     
  • At 6:05 PM , Blogger Julie said...

    As a punishment, you have to send me your loom. Preferably in a couple months when I have room for it.

    But how could you leave us hanging about your mom!!??! TELL!

     
  • At 9:22 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    I didn't commit to Blogtoberfest because I knew I wouldn't post every day so I admire anyone that made the commitment.

    If your intent was pure when you started, I'm sure concessions are made for missed blogs :-)

     
  • At 2:30 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    You have to send the loom to Julie and the extra wheel to me.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home