Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

shoesday


DH and I have breakfast at Sully's Cafe on Saturdays. Last Saturday, a young lady came in wearing a pair of boots that my inner three-year-old fell in love with! (I got her mom's permission to post a photo of the boot on my blog.) So for shoesday. a little pink boot with hearts on it. Wish it came in my size.

What is it about being committed to blogging that dries up the fountains of creativity? Other months, I can't wait to sit down and start babbling. But now that I am obligated to blog, all my words run away and hide. No topics present themselves, when usually they are fighting like a pile of monkeys to be first on the post. Well, I'm gonna go cut a hole in a coconut and tie it to a big log. Then I'm going to flash my Zippo lighter so it's all shiney in the sun. Finally, I'll drop the lighter ostentatiously into the coconut and go sit quietly a hundred feet away.
I will have made the hole just big enough to get the lighter in, but not so big that a monkey's fist, wrapped around the lighter, can pull out. Then, when I hear frenzied monkey screams, I will go catch the monkey, because they will NOT release the shiny thing once they have their hand on it. Do be aware that all the other monkeys will be up in the trees, shrieking and throwing things at you. That should give me lots to write about. I'll go build a monkey trap now.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:02 AM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    I lasted two days.

     
  • At 9:47 AM , Blogger Em said...

    Brilliant monkey trap! I'm trying to keep some short blogs going, but I'm getting to the point already where we're going to be starting stream of consciousness blogging soon. Now that could be interesting!

     
  • At 4:33 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Last year I found that having to think of something to say every day for 31 days made me very observant. I was constantly looking for something interesting in the world around me (like a little girl's really cool boot! and speaking of kids shoes, I really really want a pair of sneakers that lights up when I walk).

     
  • At 7:13 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    That's why my monkey didn't come home tonight!

     
  • At 7:44 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Ahhhh...sure..the firs in Oregon are filled with menacing monkeys...yea, right... (quick! someone get Roxie some meds! She's seeing apes in the trees!)

     
  • At 11:27 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I'll need about thirty coconuts and a crapload of zippo lighters, sweetheart... my 2nd period class will be caged and shipped in not time!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home