Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, October 05, 2009

High pressure

A ridge of high pressure is settling down on top of us and that means daytime sunshine and frosty nights. Fabulous weather for October. Except - we're ten inches below normal for rainfall this year, and October is when we usually start soaking it up. Well, maybe we'll have a wet November. But going out to fetch the paper was just a treat. The moon was silver dollar bright, casting shadows even under the streetlights, and Orion was smiling down at me.

Rolling out at five ay em has its downside, but the stroll out for the paper is almost a spiritual experience for me. Time to count my blessings. DH loves me. We have a dry, warm, solid house to live in. No one is shooting at us. Or dropping bombs on us. Or breaking down the door in the middle of the night to hurt us. The big earthquake hasn't hit us yet. (Another day of dodging that bullet.) We have food and water, electricity and heat. We are rich enough to keep pets, rather than raise food animals. We both have jobs. And computers to connect us to all our far-flung friends. We are so freaking wealthy and fortunate! And on top of all that, I can KNIT! Life is good.

7 Comments:

  • At 6:58 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    Life is good!

    Oh, and that rain you're looking for ... it's down here in Oz.

    November, pouring rain and cold .. ahhh, what else could a knitter ask for :) xx

     
  • At 5:01 PM , Blogger Rose Red said...

    Yes, Life is Good isn't it.

     
  • At 6:27 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Getting the paper in the morning when the sun was not quite up yet was one of my favorite times to stand there and stare at the sky. I got to see Venus and the crescent moon. I looked like such a goose but didn't much care.

     
  • At 6:32 PM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    Thanks for the reminder; I needed it! As much as I would DEARLY LOVE to make it to your place this weekend, I doubt that I will. We've had another layer of bad news; two of my siblings this time. Think I'll crawl in bed, pull the covers over my head, and come out in spring.

     
  • At 7:50 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Very optimistic!!!!

     
  • At 6:02 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    Amen sister! We are so very lucky. Hope you have a terrific Tuesday.

     
  • At 6:32 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    You said it!

    I was glad I was up before dawn this morning. I got to see the sky turn pink and light up. Now we're getting some of that rain, but I'm warm and dry.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home