Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, October 02, 2009

.scarf


Today's exercise is to use your imagination and visualize this picture rotated 90 degrees clockwise. Got it? Excellent! Very well done! Now you can see that this is a picture of a scarf draped over a daphne bush. I got the yarn at an estate sale for $1. No lable. Burn test tells me it's synthetic, but it has a nice soft chenille feel. I knitted it on size 10s, lengthwise, in gartersstitch, then chained a loopy fringe with the screaming last bits of the yarn. It took took just over one day of GED tests, so that means about 5 hours of knitting. If you are what you knit, I am fast, cheap, and easy.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:10 AM , Blogger Em said...

    There are certainly worse things to be than fast, cheap, and easy. Gotta love any garment that can be made for a dollar, no matter what it is. Wish we had estate sales around here.

     
  • At 8:12 AM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    Well done, and thank you for the morning workout. That kink in my neck is gone now.

     
  • At 7:26 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    You are fast with the needles, economical (not cheap!) with your knitting purchases and easy to get along with!!!

     
  • At 7:52 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    And blue! Fast, cheap, easy and blue! Not a bad combo.

     
  • At 6:14 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow... that would make me 'not much' at this juncture... (that, and hats. I guess I'm hats.)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home