Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, October 04, 2009

love these links!

This is a treat. Enjoy this young japanese street magician. And wait for the sneeze at the end.

Links make blogging ever so much easier. I don't even need to come up with real content. Thankyou, thank you for giving me linkage instructions!

On I-tunes, I subscribed to a bunch of free pod-casts, and got hours of weaving done while listening to episodes of "Wait! Wait! Don't tell me!" Doggone these people are clever! Of course, their guests can also be a treat. My favorite was a young man who used to be a bouncer for the Rolling Stones. Keith Richards, who was in charge of security, took him aside toward the end of a tour and said, "Look man, you've been with us for the last three tours. Isn't it time you did something with your life. This can't go on forever, and it's not a life for an old man." (At this point I'm nearly wetting my pants to think that Keith Richards who is now rocking in his 60s [70s?] is saying this.)So at the end of the tour, the young man went home to Denver, and with Keith's help, went to vetinary college. He now has his own program on the animal channel - Emergency Room Vets I think it's called.

The young fellow was a stitch, talking in a mellow, slightly stoned voice and telling stories about his touring days and his animal encounters. And then he won the little three question contest wherein the producers take a subject as far as possible from the guest's field of expertise. For this fellow, it was steroid abuse in professional baseball. I listened to this podcast twice in a row, then went back to it a couple of times later, and still laughed out loud. It's a good afternoon when it's warm enough to weave in the garage and listen to podcasts on the laptop. I finished the yardage for TY and got it in the mail. In exchange, he will make me a ring broach. His design is totally cool! I can't wait to show it off.


I'll close with a picture of a black alpaca becausehe's so darn pretty.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:52 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I adore Wait Wait Don't Tell Me. It's one of my all time favorite radio shows. It always makes me laugh.

    And the idea of Keith Richards telling anyone that it wasn't the life for an old man? That's precious.

     
  • At 7:24 PM , Blogger Alwen said...

    The street magician was great! My husband was in the room, giving me that "What are you listening to now?" look while I was watching.

     
  • At 6:10 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow-- don't we all wish we'd gotten some career advice from Keith Richards! (Even if we didn't follow it, GETTING it would be pretty cool!)

    Wait-- need to get over the attack of the cutes!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home