Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, October 22, 2009

At the vet


I took Ben and Pepper in for their rabies shots and check up. I put each cat in a seperate carry case so they would have lots of room and be comfortable. The vet examined Pepper. That thermometer is SO rude! I opened Ben's case to get him out, and Pepper darted in to hide.






They packed themselves so tightly in there that we had to unscrew the bolts and lift off the lid. And they insisted on huddling together in the same carrier every time we let one or the other go. So I carried them home that way. One empty carrier. One carrier full of 19 pounds of cat

They have forgiven me. It's not ALL that traumatic after all, I did let them comfort one another all the way home, and I have catnip. I put the carry case down on the living room floor, DH opened the gate, and two little heads peered suspiciously out. Then, with a wriggle and a kick, Pepper decanted herself and left Ben to emerge in his own timid time.



We had to exit through the pet toy section of the store. These folks had brought in their giant Alaskan Malamute to pick out his own toys, and graciously allowed me to photograph him. I felt guilty about pausing for even a moment with the kitties so crammed together, but I have never seen such a big Malamute before.The woman with him is about 5ft, 7 inches tall. Wonder what size his poops are? (Speaks the girl who has had clean-up doody once or twice.)I see dogwalkers out with little bread bags to pick up the poopoo. These folks would need to carry wastebasket liners.

Yes, I do think about these things. Don't you?

9 Comments:

  • At 9:20 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Glad to hear the kitties are in good health.

     
  • At 9:51 AM , Blogger Em said...

    Healthy kitties are awesome, and I think it's funny that your two cats together weigh about what my one cat does by her own little self! And also, what a pretty puppy! The one thing our landlady is set against is us having a dog, so I have resigned myself to waiting a few more years before we get another big, fuzzy slob to join the family.

     
  • At 12:26 PM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    Aw, that picture of Ben...as soon as it loaded, and before I read the first word, I knew he was scared. :) Glad the little ones (all NINETEEN pounds of them) are doing well.

     
  • At 4:40 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Poor kitties. I would want to be huddled with my best friend too.

    In answer to your question, yes, I think about those things. I thought I was the only one...

     
  • At 4:49 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    What a beauty of a dog. And yes, I think of those things. The street where I walk to work in the morning is a main drag for dog walkers in center city philadelphia and I see owners with their bags all the time. Little dogs, little bags. Big dogs, wastebasket liners.....

     
  • At 10:11 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Merry thinks that thermometer is very rude too. Pippin also weighs almost as much as your two cats. No wonder that carrier gets so heavy!

     
  • At 10:54 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Awww... healthy, happy kitties--and they keep themselves company! (I saw a tuxedo kitty in petsmart and I wanted him SO bad!)

    Bone Daddy has an obsession with poop--he was really excited to see the dog poop all in the same place!

     
  • At 7:08 AM , Blogger Kate said...

    Since I worked at a pet store cleaning kennels for a while, I think about that too. There was a bulldog once, and boy howdy. He made quite a mess.
    Malamutes are beautiful dogs, but just too big for my taste. I prefer to have a pet that I know I have a chance of taking on in case they suddenly snap and decide I would taste like steak.
    Yes, I think about those things, too.

    Glad the kitties are healthy!

     
  • At 9:28 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Goofy cats! (she said affectionately).

    I'm afraid I have a pretty good personal first-hand knowledge of how big those poops can be, bleh. Eternal vigilance in scooping is the price of liberty from stepping in it!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home