Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

a joke

So these two Catholic priests get in a car accident and arrive at the Pearly Gates. St. Peter greets them with apologies,, saying, "Gosh, things have been so crazy here lately, we're a little behind on our processing and we can't get you right in. But you both have been so virtuous that we can't just leave you in Limbo either, so what we're going to do is let you go back to earth for two weeks as anything you would like to be."

Father Ahern said, "Why that's a fine idea! I'd like to be an eagle, soaring through the open heavens, appreciating the view of God's glorious country beneath me."

Peter said, "Done!" And Father Ahern disappeared.

Father O'Malley said, "Celibacy has always been a struggle for me. I know this sounds terrible, but could I go back to earth as a stud?"

Peter said, "Done!" and Father O'Malley disappeared.

Two weeks later, Gabriel came to Peter and said, "Ok, we're caught up and ready to process those two priests now. Can you find them and bring them back?"

Peter said, "With father Ahern, no problem. He's soaring over the Grand Canyon and praising God in joy. But Father O'Malley is going to be more of a problem. He's in a snow tire somewhere in Montanna."

5 Comments:

  • At 1:48 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Did I hear a rim shot???!!
    I was thinking a stud in a house!
    Ya got me!!!

     
  • At 3:18 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    Ba-dum-tshhh.
    Clever, Roxie. Very clever. Took me a second to get that one .

     
  • At 4:56 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Poor father o'malley......

     
  • At 10:18 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Ooops! Here, I've got one back for you:

    A cowboy dies and swaggers up to the pearly gates. Saint Peter says, "Well, sir--you're welcome to come in, but we only allow the virtuous and brave. Can you tell me something you've done that's virtuous and brave?"

    The cowboy says, "Well, sir, I saw a young woman once, about ready to be molested by a ferocious gang of bikers. I walked right up to the biggest, baddest, meanest son of a bitch in the pack, slugged him in the gut and said, 'You mess with that little lady sir, and you mess with me!'"

    Saint Peter was suitably impressed.

    "Wow, sir--that's wonderful. You surely are virtuous and brave. When did you do that?"

    The cowboy shrugged. "Oh about five minutes ago."

     
  • At 3:55 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    But Father O'Malley is going to be a bit a problem, he's in a wall.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home