Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, October 15, 2009

A little color


I'm almost done with a baby surprise jacket. Everyone who has seen it has said, word for word, "That's colorful." It's just leftovers, but they seemed to come together particularly nicely, and I used all the yarn except for about 6 yards of the green. Now to sew the seams, and find buttons. And I might just crochet ties, use up the end of the green yarn, and call it good!




I have heard that autumn in New England is vibrant and vivid, full of sunshine and crisp air and pretty coeds in sweaters. Here's autumn on campus in Oregon City.



You notice that sunshine does not come in to it much. Wind stripped trees and mist get a good showing, though.



But we do get some spooky Halloween-type cats. Pepper's eyes seem to be set on "stoplight" - one flashing green, the other flashing yellow.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:14 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    It's amazing how fast the color change comes. Last week everything was green, this week there are yellows, reds, and oranges. I love the colors of fall, but don't care for the cold.

     
  • At 5:42 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    The jacket is so cute. I like colorful baby clothes.

    We have just a smattering of fall here. I just hope the wind and rain don't denude the trees before they change.

     
  • At 12:49 PM , Anonymous LindaG said...

    Love the jacket! Soooo much better to just do the ties w/green than do all the button stuff. When baby chews on a tie, you don't have to worry about it coming off.

    Love the pix, too!

     
  • At 9:23 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Very cute jacket. I need to try one of those.

    Love the Halloween cats!

     
  • At 11:25 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    The jacket is scrumptious! But as for fall? Our day was 85 degrees--and the light is yellow.

    I'll take your fall any day.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home