Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, October 17, 2009

a gray day lost



I spent yesterday asleep. I am so profoundly grateful that I can, when exhausted, just go toes up without having to get seriously sick first. I could have soldiered through, but my body required rest, and I decided to indulge it. And if I didn't need an extra 8 hours of naps, then why did I fall asleep as soon as I hit the bed at 8:30PM? I feel ever so much better now. Not fully rested, but able to cope with life.

No, I did not post. Nor did I clean the cat box, fold the laundry or cook a meal. I stayed in my nighty and bathrobe, reclined in the recliner with cats scattered upon me, and slept, slept, slept. Jealous? Try a bit of irresponsibility, said the grasshopper. You'll like it!

I didn't even knit. There is nothing on the needles and I don't know what's next. I have lots of white odds and bobs. Maybe a white surprise jacket? Maybe a red alpaca vest. Maybe not.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:45 AM , Blogger Em said...

    A little irresponsibility is nice, isn't it? And listening to your body when it needs sleep beats the hell out of ignoring it and crashing even harder later on. Hope you're feeling better today!

     
  • At 9:50 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    I am not a person who believes in cutting out sleep. Sleep nourishes the brain. If you need it, you need it. So sleep away, snnnnzzzzz...

     
  • At 10:05 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    I'm not a napper, but yesterday I lay down on my living room floor and slept. I couldn't even make it back to the bed. Maybe it was the heat, or maybe Roxie was sending cybersleepvibes.

    I have made two surprise jackets. Love the pattern, even though it is still not intuitive shaping. I keep asking myself, "Now where is the top seam?"

     
  • At 1:51 PM , Anonymous Benita said...

    I tend to take a day off to do nothing but sleep and read about once every couple of months. I'm always amazed how energized I am after one of these days.

    And who says taking care of oneself is irresponsible?

     
  • At 11:32 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    ABsolutely... I'm so with you on that. Some days, the body simply needs to catch up!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home