Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Still working on a few things

I still owe poems to Janette, Donna lee, and KitKatKnit. I'm working on them.

I have been doing a bit of knitting in the meantime x A mitered squares scarf of hand-dyed bamboo by Teresa Ruch.


My photo skills are nill. Can you even see the cool way this yarn shows up in the mitering? Very optical illusion-y


And I got a package from Samurai Knitter, who dyes roving. I've been knitting those willie warmers, and thought it might be fun to knit one in camo-colors (for those stealth frolics in the woods) And lo and behold. Julie (AKA Samurai) had some for sale. Oh, and notice the blue blossom? She also threw in couple of ribbon flower barettes.

One of which I had to wear immediately.

9 Comments:

  • At 1:05 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I bought more of Teresa's bamboo yarn last fall at the show and I'm thinking the mitered scarf would be great for it. One question: HOW do you keep from having to constantly cut the yarn and weave in all those ends??

     
  • At 6:46 PM , Blogger Julie said...

    Woohooo! Lookin' good!

    Love the scarf. Gotta knit one of those. I'll put it on the list...

     
  • At 7:54 PM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Of course you did!

    (Have to wear it immediately, I mean.)

     
  • At 8:37 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    The pink flower barrette looks so nice in your hair!!!

     
  • At 11:09 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Fibery goodness and girl stuff! You DID make out like a bandit--go Samurai, and definitely go Roxie!

     
  • At 11:09 PM , Blogger Bells said...

    that looks fantastic in your hair!

    And I could see the mitred pattern - it's very cool. I like the idea of a mitred scarf very much!

     
  • At 3:34 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Julie is very good at what she does. Cammo willie warmers could be just the thing for outdoor games.

     
  • At 3:58 AM , Blogger Denise said...

    Love that scarf, the mitred stripes are very op art!

    We bought tacky 'Hawaiian flower' hair combs to wear at Knitting Camp (the meals were Hawaiian themed), and I must say, they were surprisingly attractive! Your ribbon looks a lot more stylish than our fake flowers, though ;)

     
  • At 6:37 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Nice scarf!! You can totally see the mitering.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home