Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, May 01, 2009

Once upon a quilt

Lo these many years ago I stumbled upon a bag of silk neckties at a garage sale. A grocery bag, FULL of silk neckties, which I bought for no other reason than because my magpie had to have them. ANd I kept them for years because they were silk and beautiful. At last, they have found a place to be. MJ and I got together and made a quilt for our favorite waiter. With silk neckties.
Isn't it pretty? We do hope he likes it.

It even looks rather regal wrapped around the soulders. We hope to deliver it on Friday morning. We'll let you know how it goes.

8 Comments:

  • At 6:02 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    How very cool!

     
  • At 9:00 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    That is absolutely awesome. What a lucky waiter... is this the same person you gave your fingerless mitts to? Or was that a gas station attendent? You are such a kind and giving person.

     
  • At 5:23 PM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    Beautiful job! I LOVE the silk neckties making the starburst. That waiter should grovel at your feet from now on!

     
  • At 5:48 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Ooooh, baby! You and your friend are getting the quickest free refills of soda and tea for the REST OF YOUR LIFE!

     
  • At 4:45 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    What an AWESOME idea!

     
  • At 6:42 AM , Blogger Paul said...

    LOVE!!!

     
  • At 4:57 PM , Blogger Tara said...

    Are you going to leave it as a tip? :)

     
  • At 5:29 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Is that what I was supposed to do with that bag of silk neckties I accumulated! I wonder where that bag has gotten to.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home