Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, May 04, 2009

Post 800!

MJ and RW have a ski resort condo that is due for some repairs, so they had to pack and shift things to clear the way. Even though this meant driving up into the snow zone, I agreed to go help them. Well, actually, DH agreed, but I agreed with him so it works out to the same thing in the end. And to reward me for being such a good sport, we stopped at Joe's Donuts in Sandy, Oregon. If you like a good donut, you will love the donuts at Joe's. I have never driven past there when there hasn't been a line out the door. I got an apple fritter and it was yeasty and fresh and crispy on the outside and full of appley, cinnamony sugary goodness, and I savored every bite and licked my fingers for five minutes afterwards. Ahh, Joe's donuts, I love you so!

The roads were bare and wet (free of snow and ice) and the scenery was, as ever, scenic as hell!

Precipitous drops and overhangs threaten at every turn.


And then, Bam! There is Mt. Hood it'self, grinning at you from behind the clouds!

As you can see, there was a bit of snow still left in the parking lot.

We worked for five hours and got it all done and I took asprins immediately after and am not too stove up today so we will continue to keep our fingers crossed. I didn't do much heavy lifting, mostly stooping and stretching and boxing and packing. And in six months when we need to un do it all, I am going to insit on some strong young backs to get everything back up the stairs!! Here that Mr. "I overslept" teenage son of the family? You had damn well better get your well toned muscles into the next labor fest or I'm gonna pour cat pee on your car's carpets.


Everyone who comments today will get a poem just for you, just by me. It's my 800th post!

9 Comments:

  • At 12:53 PM , Blogger Tara said...

    Are you sure that picture of Mt Hood isn't doctored? It really is smiling!!!

     
  • At 1:59 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Wow! Mt Hood has a lot of snow on it. I am looking forward to flying up there next week and seeing for myself.

     
  • At 2:05 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Wow! Very nice! Mount Hood always blows my mind! And good for you for stopping at Joes!

     
  • At 2:59 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    I have not been to Joe's donuts in a few years! Yes, they definitely had great ones!!!! It was always our stop as we headed up for picnics and hikes.

     
  • At 3:05 PM , Blogger Janette said...

    OMG td is right, it is smiling!

    Hard to believe it is still so cold there ... one would think you were just going into winter. xx

     
  • At 3:10 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    I think I peed in that building you're standing in front of... if not then in one that looked remarkably like it. 800 posts is a lot of writing. Whoo hoo to yummy pastries.

     
  • At 5:14 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    You're making my mouth water! I love a good apple fritter.

    And look at all the snow! How cool is that. Mt. Hood always looks so beautiful, unrealistically so.

    You're a good friend to help with all that movin' and liftin'.

     
  • At 8:53 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    You are a good friend to help with a chore like that.

    800 posts - congratulations! That's a lot of writing (and sewing/knitting projects)

     
  • At 6:27 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    OMG!! That's a bit of snow. We have patches on the mountain, but that might be gone by the end of the month.

    Congrats on 800! (plus now)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home