Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Another Thursday

To think that I went fifty eight years and never once got an infected cat bite, and now I am dealing with the second one in four months. Poor old Jack, with the long fluffy fur and the missing front leg, finds it impossible to groom himself adequately. so I was trying to help him get rid of some of the mats of fur on his belly. He objected to this in no uncertain terms, and bit me hard enough to draw blood. Well, I wasn't sure he still had two teeth that would come together, so I gues this is a good sign in its own way. Of course I immediately soaked the bite in hot water,pressing and squeezing to get it tobleed clean. And that seems to have helped, since the next morning, I had only a little swelling and redness and it was just on the finger. Still, I went to the doc (And I LOVE the staff at our local Kaiser. Each and every one of the colored scrubs people treats you as if you were a real human being with feelings and everything!) and though the doc propper was busy, I got to see a charming young physician's assistant who prescribed antibiotics, had the nurse stick an IV port in my arm, and sent me home. Today I went in and since the infection was clearly on the wane, I even got the IV port removed. But watch those dirty-mouthed cats!

Here's Daphne the Dragon to give some perspective to the peter heaters. Just a few more to go . . .

Since I didn't have to go to work on Thursday I was able to enjoy the sunrise. Isn't the early-morning light beautiful?

I even got a chance to do an artsy-fartsy self-portrait.

8 Comments:

  • At 9:40 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    Ouch! I'm glad that the bite is healing. Poor kitty. Poor Roxy. Our Kaiser staff is fine once you make it past the screeners to actually get an appointment. I'm glad you got in immediately. The sunshine and self-portrait are lovely. Why isn't Daphne modeling the Willie Warmers? She'd have kind of a Marge Simpson look with large earmuffs.

     
  • At 11:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm with you, I've always just washed a bite and went on with life. Maybe Jack is part vampire?
    If you begin avoiding the morning light or playing with your balls of yarn instead of knitting, we'll know you're morphing. Get well soon.

    Do those "Jock Socks" come in sizes?
    Barb

     
  • At 9:40 AM , Anonymous LindaG said...

    Oh sweetie sweetie that's too much -- two bites in one year! Stay warm & relaxed, plenty o' liquids and REST and healthy veggies and other good immune-building stuff! (I'm sure hugs and smooches count as immune builders). Long-cuffed gardening gloves next time you groom Jack??? Would kinda cut down on dexterity, mebbe.

    Sending you lots o' love...

     
  • At 11:59 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    My 20 year old cat nips has bitten me when I tried to get her mats out but never badly enough to draw blood. I guess getting old sucks for cats too.

    Glad to hear you are on the mend!

    The peter heaters are too funny. You are so creative:-)

     
  • At 5:14 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I have managed to never get bitten badly enough to bleed. Scratched, oh yes but not bitten. Maybe Jack needs to brush his teeth?

     
  • At 4:52 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Poor old Jack--he'd probably not bite you quite so hard if he knew you'd suffer more than he does! Uhm, I must have missed it--why are we making peter heaters?

     
  • At 6:00 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    Jock socks, willie warmers, peter heaters.....my, my, my! My contribution is....weenie beanie!!!! Whatever you call 'em..leave it to Roxie to make 'em. LOL

     
  • At 9:18 PM , Anonymous Lisa Nowak said...

    Cool self-portrait!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home