Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

poetry month

In honor of poetry month, I have written a knitter's poem.

She Died with her Cashmere Intact
by Roxanna Matthews

A ball of yarn is, like an egg,
full of potential. Who knows what will hatch
from this innocent oval, this
incubator of possibilities?
As long as I don't knit it, this yarn
could be anything.
As long as I don't knit it, this yarn
is everything!
As long as I don't knit it, this yarn
will always be there to be knit -
ready for the perfect pattern, project, person,
when perfection comes around.

7 Comments:

  • At 12:54 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Ah, darling--you do understand the heart of the matter, don't you?

     
  • At 3:13 PM , Blogger Bells said...

    Oh bravo.

     
  • At 5:02 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    It's the possibilites and dreams that live in the skein that make me pick it up and bring it home with me. You captured it perfectly.

     
  • At 9:59 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    It is about the possibilities, isn't it!

     
  • At 5:58 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    Some of us accumulate more potential than others! Great poem.

     
  • At 7:11 PM , Blogger Janette said...

    As always, you say it so well. xx

     
  • At 12:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love it. I thought I was the only one who didn't use things, because I might find a better use for it later.
    Mmmm? Do you think if we were living fully in the present, we wouldn't save for later? Something to ponder.
    Barb

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home