Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

more poems for comments

Haiku for Willow


Green-golden leaves glow
Branches, supple-strong arch
in beauty. Willow.

Iambic pentameter for Amy

But soft! What light from Sacramento breaks?
T'is education, and t'is Amy Lane
who bears the lamp, who does illuminate
the squalid bourgeois prejudidces vain;
illuminates the narrow cracks of hate
where love is strangled, acts of love constrained
to "him" and "her" alone in married state.
Love is much more, as Amy well explains.


Double Dactyl for Rose
(a dactyl is a poetic foot that is strong, weak, weak. The double dactyl poem must begin with the words, "Higledy, pigledy and use one double dactylic word in the 6th
line.)

Higledy, pigledy,
grab a thesaurus
and look up a synonym
for the word, "flood"
There you will find that in
antedeluvian
times all the people
just called it, "fast mud."


Pantoom for Heide

Run up high!
This hill is steep.
Why we could fly
with one big leap.

With one big leap
or one small stumble
in a heap
we roll and tumble.

We roll and tumble
down and over,
belly surfing
in the clover.

In the clover,
laughing lie,
then do it over.
Run up high.


Rhymed couplets for Galad

Four feet, golden eyes,
furry face, snuggle size
fluffy tail, fuzzy toes
into things with busy nose.
"Feed the cats!" they are hinting
while they purr their love unstinting.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:24 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    The cats and I thank you so much for out couplets. You are awesome!

     
  • At 8:43 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Wow! And I heart haiku!

     
  • At 10:49 PM , Blogger Rose L said...

    You sure were in a poetic moment!

     
  • At 11:19 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Roxie, Marry me. You're too awesome for only one spouse, even the amazing and perfect DH. We can be a blog couple, and consecrate everything in rhyme!

    What lovely rhyming, lilting, timing,
    fun and fluster my friend can muster;-)

     
  • At 6:50 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    These are wonderful!

     
  • At 3:24 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    I LOVE these! Can I copy it on my blog and link you?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home