Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, April 20, 2009

wow, What a Monday!!

It was clear and sunny today. Oh my gosh it was gorgeous! The five AM walk out to the paper box was a transcendant experience. Birds were shouting their little lungs out, cheering for the dawn, the lack of rain, the warm temperatures. A planet hovered about three fingerwidths above the horizon, twinkling in the pale green cloudless sky. The air smelled divine! Really, Heaven must smell like an April morning. I wanted to rip open my bathrobe and wallow in the soft, sweet air. Yeah, that image sort of spoils the glory of the day. I resisted, but promised myself a nice early-morning walk before I had to go to work at 10.

After breakfast, I checked my e-mail and found a message from my boss asking me to come in at 8 if I could. So much for that lovely walk before work.

But for a sunny day, we got very good turn out for the GED tests. One of the GED candidates was born in 1926, and he doesn't look a day over 65. He attributes his vigour to a vegetarian diet. He's a great ad for it, but I can't even give up desserts. I really, really doubt I could manage to give up MEAT! DH fixed roast chicken for dinner. I loves me them roasted chickens.

And oh, how extraordinary the weather has been. That flapping sound you may have heard is the eyelids of the young men going up like window shades as the young ladies walk by in their summer clothes. Skin! Legs! Boobies! Omigawd, omigawd, omigawd!

Yesterday was pretty, too. So much so that . . . well, I saw a young man who was so sunburned you could practically feel the heat radiating off him. You could see the outline of his sunglasses. His hair was short enough and thin enough that his scalp was sunburned. He walked like a man with sunburned knees. And the tops of his feet were red as boiled lobsters. Ouch, ouchie, ouch, ouch!

7 Comments:

  • At 7:52 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    oooooch... Poor guy... but I've got to tell you, watching guys working out in the sun gives me some cheap thrills of my own...

     
  • At 8:41 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Spring has sprung in your area. Here in Arizona we are hitting 100 degrees and running our air conditioning.

    I've had those heat radiating sunburns and they are no fun. I don't do that any more!

     
  • At 10:20 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I remember a sunburn I got in May of 19mumblemumble at Seaside, OR. I lay in my bed and moaned for three days.

     
  • At 6:55 AM , Blogger Pat K said...

    It's been lovely here in the high desert. Morning walks are a real treat. Too bad I go in to work too early to get a nice sunrise walk most days. But I sure enjoy it when I can!

     
  • At 3:26 PM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Yes, I'm enjoying the nice weather. Haven't seen the sunburns yet, but I'm sure they'll be coming.

     
  • At 6:05 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    We had half a nice day yesterday, balmy and sunny. Today, rain. Again. The aquafirs (did I spell that right?) are loving it but the soul inside this body would truly love a sunny, warmish day.

     
  • At 12:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It was short lived, but it was wonderful. Do you think that if it was wonderful here all the time, we wouldn't appreciate it? C'mon sun.
    Barb

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home