Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter brunch

We joined J and CE for brunch at Bistro Maison in McMinville - about an hour's drive from here. And what a lovely drive it was. I tried to get photos, but wasn't satisfied with any of them. It's a warmish, wettish, grayish April day. It's a day with full overcast and little sprays of rain, and new-blooming fragrance in the air. Trees are leafing out and the hills are covered with a mist of light, bright green new leaves. How can you get a picture of that? I'm certainly not the photographer to capture it.

But as you can see, DH and I looked tres chic at Le Bistro. He had pork. I had lamb. CE had salmon and JE had three appetizers - quiche, escargot and lox. I threw caution to the winds and had a champagne cocktail. Then DH shared his glass of chardonay with me. (I don't drink much at all. I'm SUCH a lightweight.) Then my phone rang when I was better than half toasted. It was Janette from Oz! What a delight! What a surprise! And all I could do was babble with slightly drunken delight. I hope I didn't make a fool of myself. Or at least not any more than usual. It was a real treat and gave us much food for conversation afterward. It was 3PM Sunday in Oregon and 8AM Monday morning in Oz. That's still magic to me.

When we got home, we found Ben nestled up in the quilt looking too adorable for words. The quilt is almost ready to send. Just thirty or so more knots to tie. I'll get a photo somehow.

7 Comments:

  • At 6:41 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Lovely day, Roxie!

     
  • At 11:31 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    And a happy Easter to you and DH, and, of course, Ben in the comfy lovely quilt! (A gift isn't the same w/out kitty hair!)

     
  • At 4:56 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Ben looks so comfortable.

     
  • At 6:05 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    Oh my goodness - you guys look fab!

    If I'd known you were all dressed so well I'd never have phoned you while still in my jammies!!!

    Anyway, you sounded as if you were having such fun and now I see you both, I know that you were. xx

     
  • At 6:32 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    You certainly do the hat justice. What a lovely lunch. And your bouquet of dandelions reminds me of the ones my girls brought me when they were little. Ours are just coming up. The neighbors (who all use chemicals and have green lawns) hate our lawn. Ours is speckled with lovely yellow flowers.

     
  • At 9:39 AM , Anonymous Dave Daniels said...

    Well, you may not have been able to take photographs of the fresh greenness, but you've painted quite the picture even better.

     
  • At 10:21 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    Awesome hat and an elegant couple!

    Ben is too adorable for words. It was lovely of you to make him a bed :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home