Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, February 08, 2009

How does your garden grow?

The days are getting longer and the daffodills are poking out.
Yay daffs! I love you so much!

If you look closely, you can see the flower head through the translucent skin of the bud. bloom, baby, bloom!

I want to run around the yard with pompoms and a short skirt doing encouraging cheers. Magnolia buds swelling in fuzzy anticipation . . Bigger, bigger, more, more more!

The poor old plum tree is just about lying down on the job. Between shade and heavy snows, it doesn't stand much of a chance, but it keeps trying!

And the apple tree in all it's mossy strength stands ready for surging sap and abundant bloom. Give me an A, give me a p, give me another p, give me L, give me E, give me s! What's that spell? Apples, apples, yes, yes, yes! Yayyyy!! Whoop, whoop! Yeeha!

6 Comments:

  • At 5:20 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Our crazy plum tree is already blooming! That January hot spell we had made our plants think it was spring!

     
  • At 6:45 PM , Blogger Ruth said...

    We're still at long way from daffodils here, buried under a foot or more of snow. I'll get my fix from you 'til out time comes.

     
  • At 8:51 PM , Blogger Bells said...

    Spring is coming Roxie! So is autumn (for me!).

     
  • At 11:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I ran a bunch of peelings out to my compost bin tonight and was shocked by how much light there was at 7:30 pm. Granted it was a full moon, but it wasn't up until later.

    When did it start getting lighter? HOOOORAY! Spring is coming nearer.

    My daffodils (we call them jonquils in Okla.,but as my beloved reminds me..."You aren't in Oklahoma anymore, Dorothy.") anyway, my daffys haven't ventured as tall as yours yet.

    I love the smell of spring.
    Barb

     
  • At 3:57 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    It sounds like the sap is rising there!

     
  • At 10:27 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    No one celebrates spring and flower pr0n like you do, Roxie! Bloom, you horny little buds, bloom!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home