Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Lazy days - I love 'em

We met MJ and RW for breakfast and a gift exchange. RW, who truely gets it that I am three years old inside, got me a pink plaster dragon with purple glitter on her belly. MJ,a long-time enabler of my writing, gave us two cereal bowls, and a jar of oats labled, "Cleonie's grains. Nothing like a bowl of grains and syrup to put the legs under you." and she also included three kinds of syrup. Yum! She gave DH a lovely fruit bowl with real fruit in it, and RW gave DH a tiny remote-controled helicopter which has given DH and the cats many hours of entertainment.

Then we went home, settled to digest a bit, and wound up taking nice little post brunchial naps.

When I woke, I finished a hat using left-overs,

Then got out the drill and pierced my new pearls. Here's the newly amplified necklace. I need to re-think the design. It's getting more elaborate than I ever imagined. I may seperate it into more than one string, but it's got to keep the pendants. Hmmmm. . .

The snow is all gone1 Hoorayy!! Tomorrow I need to get my dead battery jumped, and take myself off for a new battery and maybe an oil change. And then it's back to reality in a limited way. New Year's Day brunch with dear friends - "the usual suspects," work on Friday, and a mid-day caroling party on the 3rd. Gleep! And knitting here the week after that. I'd better start making plans. You want to come?

7 Comments:

  • At 6:18 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Of course I'd love to come to knitting!

    I remember the beginnings of that necklace. It has grown alot!

     
  • At 8:25 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    The necklace is spectacular. And I'm glad to hear that you are getting out again. I spent 5 days inside by choice but work is dragging me out tomorrow. I'd love to come knitting!

     
  • At 11:37 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Always... darling I'd come with you if you drove the bus into an active volcano!

    (I'm on pg. 112 of Sanna...ooooohhh... it's so good!!!)

     
  • At 5:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Love, love, love the hat!

     
  • At 6:27 AM , Blogger Pat K said...

    Sure I'll come! (except for the stupid fact of work, of course. When can I retire?) Have a lovely time!

     
  • At 10:53 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    I know your necklace is going to be spectacular, even if you scale it back a little.

    Hurray for snow being gone and getting a new battery. It sounds like you have some fun things planned.

    We need pictures of your knitting day since some of us live too far away to come in person :-)

     
  • At 3:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    For sure there are at least TWO necklaces happening there. I like the multi-strand choker style, but REALLY like the longer single dangly one with the drops.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home