Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Some pleasant things about snow

I am trying very hard to see the bright side, here. So here are some pleasant things about snow: Below freezing temps for over a week will kill many of the slugs and bugs outdoors.

Snow is outside and I am inside.

Crappy weather makes everyone grateful for sunshine! Snow magnifies sunshine.

Snow is very scenic - if you like that sort of scenery.

Another day off for me. I'm putting finishing touches on a few scarves (forgot to pack a crochet hook.) Comcast on the desktop has gone belly up, and it's my turn to get on the phone and request, implore or demand help in recessitating it. I am staying on top of the laundry in spite of the crapweasle's best efforts (throw rugs and sofa covers save a lot of hands and knees scrubbing) and I'm almost finished with Christmas letters only three weeks later than I usually get them done. Love and joy to you all this holiday season.

9 Comments:

  • At 8:46 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    It is a lovely Christmas card-like picture for those of who are snowless :-)

    Sounds like a lot of staying home in woolens may be in your future if the storm is that big.

    Much joy to you this holiday season!

     
  • At 11:10 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Your place looks a lot like ours!! Hope you're staying warm.

     
  • At 1:31 PM , Blogger Janette said...

    I know how you love the sunshine, but for someone who never sees snow, it's so lovely. Great photos once again!

    At least you're not caring for two little people with tonsilitis.

    There's no knitting going on here!

     
  • At 5:42 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    We have the cold(but not as cold as you) and none of the beauty of the snow, just gray clouds and brown dirt.

    Enjoy the enforced days off.

     
  • At 6:09 PM , Blogger Bells said...

    Those are all lovely reasons to appreciate snow. So pretty!

     
  • At 3:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow, I can't believe how much snow you've had. Here in Boston? None yet.
    The crystal/glass balls are beautiful.

     
  • At 4:59 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Your snow photos make me yearn for snow. We are in for a "winter storm" which translates into cold, wet and slippery but not white. It must be hard to face the freezing after all the balmy weather in Hawaii.

     
  • At 6:23 AM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Darling, you may remember my Christmas card post last year...uhm, dated on January 3rd? You're doing fine... but I'd probably be pissy too... (I'm learning as I grow older that snow has lost a lot of charm for me too... and I don't even see it that much.)

     
  • At 8:10 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    I'm with you on the snow! Up here in the Vancouver region we've "enjoyed" freezing rain and hard, little pellets of snow rather than the fluffy white stuff you've had just south of us. My kids are driving me crazy because they can't go outside and play. I'm starting Christmas cards today.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home