Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Let's think warm thoughts.


tropical flowers and balmy days. Think balmy days. Think broiling in the sunshine by the swimming pool. It would be a kindness if you folks in Oz would post some nice warm photos. We have a "Winter Storm Event" blowing in (waht did they call all the snow and stuff we've been having?)

DH and I went out for breakfast today, and the road was sufficientsly slick that he re-considered his plans to go shopping. We discussed Christmas presents and decided that since it's just us, we could do presents whenever we choose and probably will get more bang for our bucks after Christmas. So we will have a quiet 25th and rip it up when the world thaws. (DH loves to hit the malls on the day before to enjoy the crowds and lights and bustle. I would sooner clean toilets in a busy gas station.)



So think warm. Think happy. Think safe and cozy thoughts. Take care of yourselves and take no chances.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:14 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    I like to get out the day before Christmas too (as long as my shopping is done). There is no stress (for me), just the slight tinge of anticipation in the air.

    Stay warm and safe!

     
  • At 5:00 PM , Blogger Heide said...

    I was in full panic mode as I realized that my eldest daughter was 3 packages short compared to her younger sisters and then it hit me. Cash. I'll simply find some randomly shaped objects around the house, stick a few dollars on or in each and wrap them up. I'll take her shopping during that dead week between Christmas day and New Year's. It's a frigid nightmare outside right now.

     
  • At 6:41 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oh baby... I like the way you think. But I'll be thinking warm thoughts for you anyway. And I think that if you didnt have to actually BUY anything, sitting in the mall with some hot chocolate and knitting in order to laugh at humanity might be fun on Christmas Eve.

     
  • At 6:16 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Pk has done his christmas shopping every year on the 24th. By choice. I always thought he was crazy and this year he's almost finished and it's only the 21st! We got really lucky and it only rained. I am usually the one rooting for the snow but I had too much shopping to do. At this point, it can snow all it wants. I finished shopping and only have to wrap and bake. "Only." Ha.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home