Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

What can you do when the snow falls

I have been spinning. Spinning soothes and calms me. Somewhere in a past life is a Cro-Mangnon who froze to death. I see the snow come down, and next thing you know, the dire wolves are at the door. But spinning makes all that go away. I paly with the lovely merino I bought at the Oregon Flock and Fiber and the soft warmth gentles my angst and softens all my icey crisp edges. Here's two days worth of spinning and TVdom. I watched "Top Hat" and an NCIS marathon, and all 6 episodes of "Blush" (think "Next top makeup artist") and I spun.

I have always like heavier yarn with lots of texture, so you will not get any photos of my lace-weight singles strung over a penny for perspective. I two-plied and created soft and smooshy yarn fit for a wunnerful vest/sweater/shawl in PURPLE to go with my imperial purple pearl earrings.

At Hilo Hatties' they have a buy-an-oyster place. And things were slow so they were giving out discount coupons, DH got a 70% off coupon. And the oyster he picked had - twins! Two 6mm, identical dark purple pearls. I never get my pearls set because I bring them home, drill and string them, but he dropped the $$ to have a set of earrings made for me. They are luscious!! So now I need more purple clothes to wear with my imperial purple pearl earrings. Hence the spinning.


The neighbors, however, took the kids and the dogs out for a run.

The lead dog knows his business and is just thrilled to finally have a job to do!

In fact, he's jumping for joy!!

11 Comments:

  • At 2:17 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Great pix! But I can DEFINITELY see how, after that first 'oh, how charming' moment, the snow would get old, fast! And I've been knitting--there is just something about the weather and the season that makes you want to hunker down and fondle fiber, isn't there?

     
  • At 4:21 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Beautiful, beautiful fiber! There are some benefits to being snowed in. Enjoy!

     
  • At 5:42 PM , Blogger Alwen said...

    When I tell people I'm a snowdog, usually they finally get how much I love snow. It's always fun to say that to people and see the light dawn!

    Such beautiful purples, yummy!

     
  • At 5:53 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    WOW!! That's a big jump!

     
  • At 7:52 AM , Blogger Heide said...

    Cute happy dog picture. The snow is melting! I'd love to see a picture of your "purl" earrings Gorgeous purple yarns. Merry Christmas!

     
  • At 1:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The spinning is wonderful! It's amazing how productive we spinners are when confronted with sitting on our backsides for hours on end. (At least we have something to show for it!)

     
  • At 4:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Your yarn is lovely! I've been doing the same, interspersed with knitting. WIll probably spend the rest of our snowbound Christmas spinning so I can finish the kid's request: an "ear-flap hat."

     
  • At 6:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I wish you could enjoy the snow as much as I do, but since you can't, I'm glad you've got something to soothe you!

    Merry Christmas to you and your man. And all the kitties, of course. :)

     
  • At 7:58 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    We have been hearing about your weather and I'm sorry you're stuck inside. We've had unseasonably warm weather the last two days and it's actually been a joy. I'm surprised at myself because I usually am looking forward to the snow and winter. Spinning and knitting are still going on. There is no pressure to finish anything and that is wonderful!

     
  • At 10:17 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    I think my idea of a perfect day after Christmas would be to sit and spin all day!

    Merry Christmas to you! Immanuel!

     
  • At 8:50 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Your spinning fabulous. I always love what you do to the colors.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home