Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ok, it's not THAT bad

I am gradually getting braver about this fluffy white stuff. This morning, it mostly melted at our elevation so I even got out and ran a few errands. (Your presents will be late. I remember ten cents stamps, and I can't bear to pay for express mail. I'm sorry, but there it is. And stamps are going up again in May. Gronch!) On the way home, it began to snow again. Big scenic fat flakes. I realized how very pretty it really is, thanks to all of you who pointed it out to me.

We get snow like this about once a year. It shuts down the city for a couple of days, then melts. That's winter. About once a decade, we get a lot more snow, and a prolonged cold spell. Last happened about nine years ago. We may be due.






How hard is it snowing? I laid out this piece of dark wool and waited ten seconds. That's the size of the flakes, and that's how fast they are coming down.


And here's a slightly blurry picture of the latest completed scarf.
Again the scrap of brown wool comes into play. Hand=dyed cotton in my beloved miter squares. Fun, fun and easy peasy hydrangea squeezy.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:54 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    The last time was nine years ago and the time before that was 1990 and we were fresh from the equator and thought we'd die of frostbite.

    It's fine to venture out for a bit as long as the venture includes hot chocolate.

     
  • At 12:24 PM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    It does look really pretty. I'd be happy as long as I didn't have to drive at night in it...I think I could handle it in the daytime.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home