Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

suddenly autumn

It was fourty two degrees farenheit this morning at five AM. Just a taste of things to come. A clear sky with a nice crescent moon and rather more stars than usual, a hint of woodsmoke in the air, and a few withered brown leaves on the street tell me that summer is over and the transition is begun. All too soon we will have interminable days of fourty degrees and rain, then our three weeks of freeze, then, again, the weeks of gradually warming rain, brightened by the occasional indomitable daffodil, before spring, ambling in about April amidst abundant showers, makes her first diffident appearance. We don't get summer till after the 7th of July, and sigh, it's gone already. I guess I'm holding my own little bon voyage party for Prosephone here. Off to months of darkness with her stern and selfish husband. I, meanwhile, am going to cuddle up with my warm, thoughtful and generous husband and look into comfortable hibernation.

Finished the cardigan I am knitting for my co-worker. Now to weave those seams. In the meantime, more yellow baby bonnets. And then ? Well, OFFF is this weekend. I'm intending to grab some mystery batts from Fantasy Fibers, and a spinathon may be on the schedule soon.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:39 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I actually wore a sweatshirt today over a long sleeved t-shirt. And it's only the second day of fall. It always catches me off guard even though I can read the calendar as well as anyone else. I always miss summer.

     
  • At 8:13 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    It was 88 degrees here. It may get down to 52 at night. **&^*foothills.

     
  • At 9:41 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Fall doesn't hit here until around Thanksgiving but our evenings are getting below 90 degress!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home