Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, September 14, 2008

more the fool me

I know better than to ever say anything implying that I am exempt from the common ill-fortune of humanity. The jealous spirits of life hear you and punish you when you do that. Yeah, I get the aura, but I don't suffer the pain of migraines anymore. Haha! I waited till I could see straight, and drove myself to a knitting group at Diane's home. She had Yummy coffee cake and fresh figs and strong black tea, and kittens. Six week olf kittens. Are they not too adorable?
Here are the two moms who gave birth within days of one another to a toatal of 7 kittens and who share the care and nursing of all of them.
this handsome long-haired black lad is the father of all the kittens.








so curious and full of zip and sweetness!


And while I was sipping tea and cooing over kittens and knitting away on another baby bonnet, a dull and rusty hatchet was forcing its way slowly, but implacably, into my right cerebreal hemisphere. I made it home, went straight to bed at noon, and slept off and on for six hours. Got up for some chicken broth with vegetables (DH knows what to feed an invalid without even being asked. He even left the lights off in the living room so I didn't have to squint and shield my eyes), and went back to bed for another eleven hours. This morning, my brain feels gummy, but no longer bruised and abused.

But the kitties were worth it.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh, so sorry to hear about those horrible migraines. But, you know, those photos of the kittens int he Nantucket baskets brought a smile to my face. They are just too cute for words. Great photos of the little ones.
    Hope you are less gummy today.

     
  • At 5:51 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    (((hugs))) on the migraines, but the Goddess sure was smiling on you when she gave you darling DH, wasn't She? Good Mate--and what lovely yummy kitties!

     
  • At 7:48 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Ouch! I don't get migraines, thankfully, but Flower did until about a year ago. MamaMia gets them, sadly.

    I love those little ittle kittles! MamaMia just got two silver gray 4 mo olds.

    The TKG/CA was fantastic. I am sorry to have missed you! I met Teresa and bought a skein from her. Just couldn't resist the blues. Other than that, I just got a couple of patterns MamaMia wanted. And bought two dinner tickets so I could go in and get my Master pin.

     
  • At 12:33 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    Glad to hear the headache is letting up. The kittens are just too adorable and make me want another one!

     
  • At 6:51 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    Kitties! I loves 'em. I love the way that they run around like they're on speed and then suddenly collapse in sleep in the cutest of ways.

    Sometimes one things one can fool the migraine into going away. Nope, they just lurk. The bastards.

    I wrote that entry poorly. I meant that if I'll give myself permission to knit T&S if I get my fair isle finished. Hmm. Given that slowness of completion of the fair isle, this could be an entirely new way to save money on yarn!

    Take care of yourself today, hon.

     
  • At 7:44 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Kittens in a basket with yarn!

    Sorry to hear about the migraine. I suffer from them sporadically, too, so my sympathies.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home