Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Woot!

As of yesterday, I have lost twwenty five pounds with Weight Watchers! Wahhhooo! I am going through the house looking for ways to visualize the loss.
Pepper weighs 10 solid, muscular pounds. I have lost the equivalent of two and a half sturdy chunky cats. Or a sturdy 18 month-old child, clinging eternally to my butt. My feet don't hurt when I get up in the morning, and (surprise!) I have more energy.

Let's see, a pint of water weighs a pound. This is five gallons of water. Two pints to a quart, four quarts to a gallon - I've lost 7/10th of this bottle of water. Eh, I know how heavy the bottle is, but fractions make it too abstract.

Here we go. This I can really visualize. This is a two pound can of vegetable shortening. I have lost more than 12 of these! Woot!

Only 12 pounds to go. Embrace the salad. Love the oatmeal. Actually, I DO love the oatmeal. I get uncut oats, also known as oat groats, cook them overnight in the crock pot, and keep them in the fridge to microwave every morning. They are sort of nutty, and definitely textury. I eat my oatmeal with frozen cherries, or maple syrup or honey or applesauce or peaches or . . .

And last night, we had pizza. Two slices, planned for and eaten slowly. Still on the program and loving it!

13 Comments:

  • At 7:00 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    Congratulations!!!!!

    Isn't it absolutely fantastic when you've actually lost that amount of weight.

    Warning ... don't let the postman past the front gate. He has temptation in his bag.

    Mind you, when you read what's on the packet you may not be tempted ... just don't open the packet!

     
  • At 7:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congratulations! As someone who's tried to lose weight, I know what that struggle is like. That's an impressive milestone!

     
  • At 7:58 AM , Blogger Willow said...

    Wow! Congratulations! That's an incredible milestone. I mean two stones.

    Imagine the water jug about 3/4 (75%)full; that would be around 7/10.

     
  • At 8:32 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I recently lost 25 pounds and I visualized it as 5 5 pound bags of flour. It felt strange to think that I had been toting around all of that weight and now am not. Now the clothes are getting loose. Guess there may be some shopping in my future.

     
  • At 8:46 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    I've been thinking about going back to Weight Watchers because I have to do something, if just for my health.

    You have just given me some additional motivation.

    Congratulations!

     
  • At 9:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    YAYYYYYYYYYYYY Roxie! I'm cheering!!!!! Bring on the pompoms -- those light, fluffy, no-weight-at-all pompoms!

     
  • At 11:28 AM , Blogger Lyssa said...

    Congratulations! Don't you love that extra-springy feeling of hitting the ground more lightly?

    Keep up the good work and only eat the treats that are really, really worth it (in my mind, oreos=no, tiny slice of dark chocolate flourless torte=yes).

     
  • At 11:43 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Oh, like steel-cut oats?

    I love oats and oatmeal (old-fashioned rolled & steel-cut).

     
  • At 1:33 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    That's AWESOME! You inspire me!!!

     
  • At 6:00 AM , Blogger Saren Johnson said...

    Congrats!!! That's a lot of hard work.

     
  • At 7:40 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    Oh! And I meant to say the Crisco visualization really cracked me up! Good going you!

     
  • At 12:19 PM , Blogger the boogeyman's wife said...

    congrats! that's great you're feeling more comfortable in your own skin. i like the crisco comparison too :)

     
  • At 9:13 PM , Blogger Kate said...

    Congratulations - that is immensely hard and determined work! I've re-joined 2 weeks ago - already lost 0.6kg (1.3lbs). It's hard work but I'm feeling pretty confident of getting there - Til's exhausting at the moment! I need to lose the euqivalent of Til's current weight - 10kg (22lbs). Every journey starts with the first step and every weight-loss begins with one pound lost...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home