Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Friday, August 15, 2008

summertime, and the living is breezy

When I go out to get the paper at 5AM. it is dark and often the sky is star-bedecked, and I wish for God's will in my life,(because I still trust that God has my best interests at heart) and I wish that I could be the best possible wife for DH, and I give thanks to all the powers that be for bringing us safely through another night. After breakfast. while I am working on the computer, sometimes ai will notice that the light is changing and perhaps, on the other side of the house, maybe the sun is coming up. Today, the light had such a quality to it that I grabbed the camera and scampered outside, grey hair all a-tousle and bathrobe slouchy, and startled the hell out of a passing dog-walker. We are having a bit of a heat wave. It's only up to 100 or so in the afternoon, but still, the early morning is definitely the time to get the fur-bearing friends out for a bit of exercise.

Or you could take him for a ride. The driver saw me steering with one hand and aiming the camera with the other and she laughed! "Romeo," she yelled over her shoulder to her companion, "You have a fan!" Romeo just smiled.

6 Comments:

  • At 1:50 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Juliet,
    Wouldn't you just love to sit in the back of the convertible with Romeo? He would however sniff out your two timing him with the cats.

    My bro called yesterday requesting sympathy for the 102 degree weather. We were at a comfortable 80 so I gave him a full dose of "I'm so sorry"s. Query: how do you punctuate that? I'm so sorries?

     
  • At 10:10 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Romeo has it made!

    Your description of the morning almost made me want to get up earlier in the morning but thankfully the impulse passed :-)

     
  • At 11:08 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    awesome picture-- and what lovely thougts.

     
  • At 3:33 AM , Blogger Kate said...

    What a lovely gentleman dog - and Romeo such an appropriate moniker.

    Sorry I've been outta the loop. Lurgy filled fortnight was the reason. Almost back on deck now.

     
  • At 5:21 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I always find myself looking up at the sky when I go out for the paper. So often I can see whichever planet is in our sky at the time and the moon in whichever phase she happens to be in. It is a peaceful feeling and I always take time to say thank you to whom/whatever is watching. I am so grateful for my life.

     
  • At 9:13 AM , Blogger the boogeyman's wife said...

    sometimes early morning is my favorite time of the day. there's just a stillness to it, as if the whole world were sleeping. i worked a very early morning custodial job in college, and the half hour walk to work was the best thing about it. the stars were always out and it was easy to talk to God and listen. it's a great time for introspection - sadly, i only get up that early anymore if i have to :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home