Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, August 18, 2008

The Q Team

MJ and her mom, Jean, and I got together today to sew a quilt.
So we started out with the design part of the process. We are sewing a quilt for the AIDs orphanage in Africa. The school colors are brown and yellow, so we started with those colors from our stashes. And I went to JoAnne's yesterday and found a few things to go with them. So here is our design process starting.

I found some vintage Mickey Mouse print. Ain't he cute? The colors don't come through as well as I would like. He's brown and his gloves and shoes are yellow!!

MJ gave me a lovely pincushion and it makes me happy to use it. I even got fancy pins to use with it.

Here's MJ and Jean and Shadow, who has been such a big help! He has been lying on pieces to make life more interesting. When we get things laid out, he sits down and looks at them with his butt. We can't get him to ferry pieces from one room to the other, though we tried. He's rather ADHD about it all.


Here we are with the finished quilt. Three women, and a whole quilt - start to finish - in THREE hours! We are the Q-team. Q because we are so cute. One pins. one sews, one presses. And voila, a quilt materializes. Yeah, it's big squares, and it's quick and dirty, but it's fun, fun, fun!

And here is what we are doing with the left-overs. I had to leave at three, but MJ and Jean are going to sew on. And some day soon, we will take quilts to Medical Team International. Yayy!

8 Comments:

  • At 5:28 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    Wow, you guys are really wonderful!

     
  • At 10:54 AM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    I'm not a "brown" person but those are great quilts.

    Not only Qute but fabulous, too.

     
  • At 11:30 AM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    Three hours! I am impressed. I have been a sewer for years and I know how much work went into that quilt. Wow.

     
  • At 12:24 PM , Blogger Lucia said...

    You ladies do awesome work. One of these years I really should learn to sew.

    Btw Grant and I commute together about 17 miles each way, so our round trip is a bit more than half yours, plus it's more friendly with two. My sympathies, but it sounds like a good temporary gig -- and you can knit while proctoring, no?

     
  • At 7:29 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I am so VERY impressed---I've quilted before with a friend, and it never goes that fast!!!!

     
  • At 11:37 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    You three are an amazing team and for a great cause. Someone will really appreciate that quilt.

     
  • At 4:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That looks like a fun time and a fun project! And so SO speedy! In three hours, I'd still be in the THINKING part of it.

     
  • At 7:26 PM , Blogger the boogeyman's wife said...

    wow! that's cool you could get a whole quilt done in one day.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home