Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

major bummer!

It was 42 degrees and raining when I left for work this morning. Are you sure you want to come visit me? They got more than 8 inches of snow on Mt. Hood - 90 minutes away. I don't know if I'd rather have this or the insufferable heat my friends in the East are sweltering in. Or the horrible storms in the midwest. Ya know - I may whine a little, but gee, when I think about it, I can't seriously complain.

Rainy days need a wide-brimmed hat.


It's finals week, and we are taking things at a dead run right now. A couple of times today, we had to ask people to sit and wait until someone else got done with a computer. Some folks were understanding. Some were clearly and loudly not! And no matter how angry they got, we still couldn't let them take their tests until a computer came free. One woman in the nursing program pitched a particullarly hissiful fit. Gee, I really want her for my nurse. She handles stress by cussing out people who can't do a thing to change the situation. And she has trouble with math. Do we want her to figure our dosages? I don't think so.

One of the benefits of finals week is that I am getting a lot of hours this week. Yayyy for the paycheck! Another benefit is that I am getting a lot more exercise. Last night I slept like I had been shot and stuffed! I look for the same tonight. And - I'm losing a pound or two in the meantime. Wahoo!


Meanwhile, happy Wednesday!

6 Comments:

  • At 3:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yes, happy Wednesday!
    I saw the snowstorm up on Snoqualmie Pass. I know that area quite well, having driven it a few times. It's freaky that there is snow in mid-June, and we're having a 4-day heat wave of temps in the 90's. Your cool and rainy sounds HEAVENLY!

     
  • At 2:06 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Nice AWW! Like Dave said--totally freaky--snow in June right next to swelter hell... right now I'm living in a hair-dryer set on 'low'--80's and SOOOOO windy!

     
  • At 10:01 PM , Blogger Galad said...

    Hope you are surviving finals week. I told my son about your cold weather as they struggle with flooded Des Moines. He's thinking Oregon sounds like a good place to move cause they've had enough of the Midwest!

     
  • At 9:42 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Happy Wed to you too! Oh, wait, now it's Thursday. I am so far behind, as it were.

    What is it with people and incomprehension of simple facts? When I went to the dealership to pick up our new van I had 23-month-old Taz (at that point not at all disabled and fully mobile) with me, and I was seven months along with Miss B. The runner from the Registry was extremely late, it was after six, Taz was getting ever crankier, both of us were hungry and tired. I never said a word. Another lady, unencumbered with children either inside or out, pitched a big-time fit. When the runner finally came they gave me a bunch of service coupons for being so patient. I told them I only made noise when it had a chance of getting me somewhere, there being no point in just raising everyone's blood pressure including my own.

    (Come to think of it, that last part may be key. If you are selfish and self-aware enough not to waste energy working yourself into a pointless lather, you'll save wear and tear on other folks too. Do unto others and all that.)

     
  • At 7:01 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Checking in from the stormy (AGAIN!!) midwest. Still here! You take the greatest hat photos. I wish I looked half as good in a hat.

     
  • At 1:46 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I have adopted the 'don't sweat the small stuff' attitude and unless there is blood loss involved, or death, or maybe floods or plagues of locusts, it's all small stuff. My life is too short to waste flying off at other folks who can't change the situation.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home