Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, June 09, 2008

Juneuary

DH bought me a dogwood for our first anniversary. It was almost four feet tall when we planted it. Now, it's almost 12 feet tall, and arches beautifully over mthe driveway. It blooms in June.










We have a vegetable garden. Seven plastic planter boxes with water wells, lined up along the side of the driveway where there is sun most of the day long.

We have six tomato plants, three pepper plants, and two pumpkins. We hope the heat absorbed from the asphalt will help the tomatoes ripen.



It's still chilly enough to wear a hat to work today. It's snowing in the mountains. We may not get above 59 degrees tomorrow. Juneuary.

It's finals this week. I might not make as many posts as I would like, but I'm thinking of you.

7 Comments:

  • At 7:47 PM , Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

    Snow in the mountains is right - I am so sick of this! Was in Portland this weekend and really enjoyed the few minutes of sun on Sunday before we headed back!
    Have you got the dates for the reunion on your calendar?

     
  • At 8:04 PM , Blogger Willow said...

    Well, I miss a few days and look how many posts you put up. I am so sorry for you having all the rain, still. My bro said you've had 10 (ten!) sunny days this calender year! Oh dear!

    I too have had basal cell skin cancer. I now wear sun screen every day here. I didn't know about green tea. I'm a convert as of right now!

    I love the farmers market photos. Were you at Portland Farmers Market or a more local one?

     
  • At 9:44 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    I'm jealous--it's 100 degrees here, and I have a head cold. I'd rather be sick in the cold than sick in the heat.

     
  • At 8:02 AM , Blogger Kate said...

    Can I come live with you for a few days? 59 degrees sounds positively heavenly right now. I'm not looking forward to riding my bike to work in this.

     
  • At 4:50 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    I'm with Amy. I'll take the 59 degrees as we hit the 100 degree mark today. June, indeed. I hope this is a harbinger of the summer we're going to have.

     
  • At 5:00 PM , Blogger Pat K said...

    We're hitting a hundred degrees here as well. Can you send some rain and cooler temps?

     
  • At 6:59 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    LOve the hat. We're in the midst of warm/hot & humid. I'll send you some warm . . . just not too much. Don't want you to melt!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home