Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Random thoughts

Did I ever mention that I had a bout with skin cancer? If you have to get cancer, I got the best kind to have. Basal-cell carcinoma is non-invasive and easy to deal with. Snip, snip - all gone. I wound up with a little scar in the hairline above my right eyebrow, and a yearly appointment with my darling dermatologist. She is the only doctor I enjoy going to see.

My dermatologist is an satunch advocate of green tea. The anti-oxidants are good for what ails you, and * * they keep your skin looking younger!!** You have to drink them, not splash them on the outside, but isn't it nice to know that skin care doesn't have to come in a $60 bottle of chemical-infused creams?

5 Comments:

  • At 12:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh, glad you are ok. Any abnormal cell growth freaks me out as I get older.
    Hey, did you hear that honey has some great healing properties, too.

     
  • At 4:22 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Excellent to know! Thanks!

     
  • At 6:26 PM , Blogger Donna Lee said...

    You have been prolific over there! I am not overly fond of green tea but I am in search of anything with antioxidants. I enjoy my dark chocolate, blueberries and the occasional cup of green tea. I want to keep those free radicals on their toes.

     
  • At 6:54 PM , Blogger Bobbie Wallace said...

    Our dermatologists must be sisters! Mine convinced me to quit coffee 3 years ago (although I've always been a tea drinker anyway) and to give up all the expensive face goo and schmear I'd been buying. Who knew that after 50, we'd turn into "granola girls"!

     
  • At 12:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Roxie
    I was reading an article where it said your Aunt had a armadillo purse. I have one I bought a a rummage sale years ago. It has the shape of a football with the rings around the purse. Feet with claws and head with red beads for eyes. I am looking for information when this was made. It opens with a mirrow on the flap opening. Looks like a rolled up armadillo. I paid 10cents at the church rummage sale. Beautiful condition . Has back feet and also front feet.. The head is on the flap with a brass clasps. I would love to find out how old your aunt was and maybe I could get more info when this was made. It doesn't look at all like the purses that are made now days with the full armadillo hanging from a strap.
    I love your blog very interesting. Will be back to read more.
    Irishann@aol.com If you have some info you can e-mail me there. I am creating a blog on my home site. Also into haalthy foods and love tea and chocolates dark of course.Thanks
    Elnorarose
    http://www.freewebs.com/elnorarose

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home