Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Sunday, June 22, 2008

at last the clouds have burned off

When I woke to the whines of the alarm cat this morning, the skies were heavily overcast, and a light mist was drifting down. But eventually, things have burned off, and now I can show you a rose in the sunshine -


And the apple tree -




And the dogwood tree trying to blend in with the clouds.















On the knitting front, I am having MUCH more success . Amazing! Knitting the sucker the way it was written makes SUCH a difference. And, for the first time ever, I am using lifelines. I was half done and dropped one little stitch . . . The tencel slithered down so fast I couldn't begin to catch it. Enough of that crap. I ain't as hot as I thought I were and I'm not messing with that crap again!




Here's the pattern, highlighted every five stitches and rows. It's on a metal tray, and I'm using a straight-edge refrigerator magnet to keep my place. Oh. gosh, wish me luck!




The bicycle's girlyness is important, but that wide cushy seat is vital! I'm trying to figure how to take the deposit bottles back to the store on the bicycle. If I can get into bike shape, I can save a bit of gas and every little bit helps.


6 Comments:

  • At 3:12 AM , Blogger Bells said...

    Lifelines are good, huh? I learned THAT the hard way.

    Beautiful sunny garden shots!

     
  • At 6:13 AM , Blogger Alwen said...

    I love the colors in that yarn. I have a tencel shirt, but I haven't added any tencel yarns to my stash yet.

     
  • At 10:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The mossy apple tree is beautiful. It really makes it look like such a lush yard.

     
  • At 11:25 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    Good luck with your pattern. Sounds like you've got it down to a system now.

    I love your flower and tree photos. Maybe you need to do a showing of your photography :-)

     
  • At 10:11 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Oooooh... pretty! But you're right --there's no screwing with tencel--it hates us!

    Go bike-rider go! I miss riding a bicycle--one more reason to lose lots of weight!

     
  • At 1:19 PM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    Before the Paws to Remember shawl I scoffed at lifelines. How you let can things get that bad. Well, now I know there's no "letting". It just happens.

    It even looks soft in the photos. Lucky you!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home