Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Monday, June 16, 2008

Saturday's walk

Saturday's sky was a perfect cloudless June blue when I finished the party dishes, so DH and I went out for a walk.











Along the side of the freeway a few miles from our house is a splendid bike path. Much of the way, it is below the level of the road and the sound and exhaust is wafted up and away. We got our walking shoes out onto this bike path and took a brisk stroll for a mile or so out and another mile or so back. The temperature was 68, there was a light breeze, and it was glorious.



Spilling down the berm, in wanton disarray were bright red poppies! Someon has seeded them, because poppies are not native here. But look how happy, how bold and sensual they are!


Bunch of gypsy rovers, wandering a bit far afield with their big dark eyes and colorful abandon. What a treat!

Upon returning from our lovely walk, we adjourned to our various usual afternoon activities. DH commenced slaughtering demon cows on line, and I pitched into some knitting while listening to a tape-recorded book. I finished this fun scarf done in hand-painted bamboo and tencell (Teresa Ruch Fibers). It feels soooo good!

And then came Sunday, which is a vast black hole of idleness (or a paradise of indolence if you look at it differently) when all we did was snack and fritter. It's good to be a DINK.

Monday, today, I got a check in the mail! Lo these many months ago, I sent five poems in to Writer's Journal's poetry contest, and behold, I took third place (which was published in December's issue) and got three honorable mentions. Well woo-hoo! And squeeee!

My writer's group has a rule. When you gewt published, you bring in chocolate. I have Ghiradelli squares - dark chocolate with mint, and milk chocolate with caramel. That oughta do, don'tcha think?

Of course, between the cake and goodies with knitting on Saturday, and the indulgent nibbling on everything handy on Sunday, I gained 1.6 pounds for my WEight-watcher's weigh in. So, one of the other girls was whining about how she just couldn't drop her last five pounds. I issued a challenge. It's a five pound race, loser buys the winner a new t-shirt. So now I gotta hammer down. It's personal!!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:08 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm snarfing a taste your internet chocolate success--bless you, you got published! And I'm betting that new T-shirt will hang on you like a sail on a rack, darling--you'll look spec-TACULAR. (As if you don't already:-)

     
  • At 9:07 PM , Blogger Janette said...

    Congratulations! Well done once again Roxie.

    Great to read I have a buddy going along to WW.

    Looking forward to seeing the new t-shirt too - good luck!

     
  • At 10:28 PM , Blogger Bells said...

    Congrats on your publication Roxie! Very exciting.

    Those poppies look just so very delightful on the side of the road.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home