Sanna's Bag

“I never seem to have what I need when I need it. I’m going to make a belt-bag that’s bigger on the inside than on the outside, and just carry everything with me.”

Saturday, June 14, 2008

June 14 knit in public day

Today the Portland Purls ladies' knitting association convened at chez Matthews (my house) for our monthly delight. I selected Rose Pink for my theme, and last night initiated the baking frenzy.

Now where did that damn cat go? Obviously I don't have enough stuff in my cupboard.

I made an almond-flavored white cake with lemon curd and yogurt cheese filling, and dressed it with fresh raspberries.




Ben, of course, wouldn't THINK of sniffing the cake!













I made chicken salad sandwiches and threw the crust trimmings out for the birds. Fly invited his buddy Henry over for brunch. They had quite a companionable time, feasting on flavored bread crusts while the local crows cursed them heartily.









We had the lovliest time! We knitted and talked and laughed and laughed and laughed. LG brought some additional goodies which was a wonderful thing because more people arrived than I had counted on. Good thing I try to set a few extra places just in case.

After we had spent a glorious two hours, everyone had to leave to get ready for Father's Day tomorrow. I did the dishes, then DH and I went for a walk. Photos tomorrow.

7 Comments:

  • At 6:55 PM , Blogger Amy Lane said...

    Roxie, some day I'll be able to sit at your beautiful table!

     
  • At 11:59 PM , Blogger Bells said...

    I like the idea of knitting in public being done in someone's home!

    Great looking cake!

     
  • At 5:48 AM , Blogger Janette said...

    Roxanna ... that's a beautiful setting. You are wonderful. I especially love the way you let the kitties enjoy the day too!

     
  • At 7:26 AM , Blogger Warrior Knitter said...

    I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time after such a difficult week. You always set a beautiful table.

    I'm with Amy Lane. Someday I'll be there, too.

     
  • At 9:38 AM , Blogger Galad said...

    You do set a beautiful table and it sounds like a wonderful day. I had to laugh at the cat sitting in the middle of everything though. If it is on the table, it must be for the cat to check out!

     
  • At 7:56 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

    What a pretty pink setting you have there. And such a delicious cake (I typo'd cat).

     
  • At 10:55 AM , Blogger Lucia said...

    Beeyootiful! I'm virtually snarfing down that almond cake.

    Some people are so silly...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home